FS: Akai GX-747D 10" open reel deck w/extras -- mint

jrebman

I'm finally getting around to seriously selling off the remainder of my vintage gear.  This Akai GX-747D is in essentially perfect condition, other than it may need a light cleaning and lubrication of the moving parts -- routine maintenance type cleaning.  The unit is in cosmetically perfect condition and will come with the user's guide, service manual, pinch roller restoration kit, spot lubrication kit, original metal 10" Akai takeup reel, and 4 10" tapes (Maxell, I think, but I'll check.)

This is a direct drive (no belts) deck with glass ferrite heads that have a rated lifetime of well over 100,000 hours.  I am the second owner and have used it for only a couple of days (no place to put it permanently), and the original owner used it very sparingly.  Both owners purchased the gear when they were in their 40s, so it has been meticulously cared for and not seen any dorm or frat house time.

When I first got it over 2 years ago, I borrowed a friend's MRL calibration tape and everything checked out extremely well..

This is a beautiful piece in very rare condition.  Asking $1100 or best offer, plus shipping (about 60 pounds) from 80304.

Please note it will take me some time to get pictures and get the unit packed for safe shipment -- meaning that it probably can't go out the door for approx 2 weeks from now.

Thanks for looking,

Jim

jrebman

Re: FS: Akai GX-747D 10" open reel deck w/extras -- mint
« Reply #1 on: 9 Dec 2008, 04:05 pm »
Bump and clarification -- the glass ferrite heads are rated for 100,000 hours, the deck feels like it will last forever.

Asking price dropped to $950, and I can get shipping on this piece at a substantial discount over normal fedex rates.  Still will need time to pack properly.

Thanks,

Jim