NAD 2400pe THX

FullSpectrum

NAD 2400pe THX
« on: 28 Oct 2008, 07:09 pm »
Hi. I am new here and thought this might be a great place to ask a couple questions. I recently purchased a NAD 2400pe THX amp. It is in mint condition and all functions work properly. My questions are, on the back there are 2 sets of rcs inputs- 1 labeled normal and the other labeled THX.....what is the difference? There is also a switch on the back that I can slide to THX but I have no idea really what it does. I know THX has certain specs equipment must meet before the label can be put on. Since this is a 2 channel amp what purpose does the THX serve really......or is it marketing hype? I went to the NAD website and scoured the net looking for info but all I founf was a data sheet .pdf. Nothing that shows or explains these functions. Thanks.

Tubefly

• Motorcycles, Music, and Trout
Re: NAD 2400pe THX
« Reply #1 on: 2 Nov 2008, 12:50 pm »
My understanding, and I have the same Amp and no manual, is that if you do not have a THX processor all settings should be at normal.

I hope this helps. Enjoy the amp it is very nice. What other equipment do you have connected to it?

Regards,

Alan

FullSpectrum

Re: NAD 2400pe THX
« Reply #2 on: 20 Nov 2008, 03:27 pm »
My understanding, and I have the same Amp and no manual, is that if you do not have a THX processor all settings should be at normal.

I hope this helps. Enjoy the amp it is very nice. What other equipment do you have connected to it?

Regards,

Alan

I am running my cd player directly into the amp itself. My NAD cd player has variable outputs so I can control the volume that way or I could use the amp itself since it can do that as well. I have since found out all that I need to know about the amp and what everything means now. Thanks for the input, appreciate it.