IC: SB3-Bolder Analog Enthusiast Mods w/VH Bypass Caps

ebag4

Feeler- I am considering making some changes to my system, this would include selling my Bolder modded SB3.  This unit has the Enthusiast analog mods and includes VH bypass caps. My Hosfelt Linear (brick) PS is part of the package as well. 

This unit was originally modded by Vinnie (RWA).  His mod at the time included Auricap caps on the back of the unit, because of this there are 4 small holes on the back cover where the cap leads use to enter the unit.  The Vampire (?) RCAs that Vinnie used are still in use as Wayne didn't see any reason to replace these.

The unit works perfectly and other than the small holes on the back and a small scratch on the far left side of the lower aluminum  section it is in perfect condition.  I have the original box the unit was shipped in.

Please PM me if you are interested.

Best,
Ed

ebag4

Re: IC: SB3-Bolder Analog Enthusiast Mods w/VH Bypass Caps
« Reply #1 on: 29 Oct 2008, 01:21 pm »
^
^
^

kwl

« Reply #2 on: 29 Oct 2008, 03:44 pm »
I still own the original RWA-modded SB3 with external Auricaps.  How did the Bolder version compare to the RWA version?

ebag4

ebag4

« Reply #4 on: 29 Oct 2008, 06:34 pm »
From the thread linked above here is Wayne's response:

ebag4,

You have now gotten the chance to hear your SB with three different aftermarket changes to the analog circuit. I am very glad that you think the semi-Statement mod I have done to your SB gives you the best sound.

Note that Wayne calls the upgrade "semi-statement mod", the statement mod is $1000. from his website.  I believe the only difference between the mods completed on my unit and the full "Statement" mod is that my unit does not include the bybee ( and as mentioned above the RCAs installed by RWA remain).

Thanks,
Ed

Wayne1

« Reply #5 on: 29 Oct 2008, 07:17 pm »
Quote from: ebag4
Note that Wayne calls the upgrade "semi-statement mod", the statement mod is $1000. from his website.  I believe the only difference between the mods completed on my unit and the full "Statement" mod is that my unit does not include the bybee ( and as mentioned above the RCAs installed by RWA remain.

The FULL Statement mod also has about double the amount of BlackGate caps used in the SB's internal power supplies.

The "semi-statement mod" uses the same output coupling caps as in the Statement: BlackGate N in Super E configuration with V-Cap bypass. I feel that this mod gives most of the sound of the Full Statement for less money.

ebag4

« Reply #6 on: 29 Oct 2008, 07:33 pm »
Wayne,
Thanks for the clarification, it is appreciated.

Best,
Ed