isabella in toneaudio 18...

TONEPUB

isabella in toneaudio 18...
« on: 26 Oct 2008, 09:10 pm »
Hey all:

We've featured the Isabella in issue 18.  When you have a min, check
it out and let me know if you think our observations of it jive with yours...

I ended up buying the review sample, to make a perfect match with
my 30.2 sig!  Nice combination.

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
Re: isabella in toneaudio 18...
« Reply #1 on: 27 Oct 2008, 04:06 pm »
Hi Jeff,

Thank you for making the time and effort to review the fully-loaded Isabella - the review came out great, as did the photography!  8) 

I'm glad you'll be keeping the Isabella to join your Signature 30.2 power amp!

I am still reading through Issue 18 and it is packed full of goodies (Fleet Foxes show review, TV on the Radio album review, Stravinsky, ...) - very nice job with this issue as always.

For those who have not yet downloaded it yet, here are some quotes from the Isabella review in Issue 18:

Quote from: Tone Audio
The tonality of the Isabella is excellent.  When listening to those same acoustic instruments, the tonality of stringed instruments, especially violins is convincingly real and that is no small feat for a preamplifier at this price point.  I firmly believe this is due to the lack of grain from power supply artifacts coloring the signal.

Regarding the optional built-in Isabellina dac with USB input:

The Isabella has the most musical sound I’ve yet to experience when feeding from a source via USB. 

Regarding the optional built-in headphone output stage:

...you will freak out over the quality of what lurks in the Isabella for a mere $500 upgrade.  I’ve heard a lot of the best and most expensive headphone amplifiers now, and I’d put this one right at the top of the list, regardless of price!

Concluding with:

The Isabella combined with the Signature 30.2 power will be tough to beat without spending a lot more money.   

Thanks again to Jeff at Tone Audio!   :beer:

Vinnie