Let it be... Naked

bob82274

Let it be... Naked
« on: 18 Nov 2003, 10:34 pm »
Just picked it up today... wasn't really sure what to expect.  I guess I thought I would hear a bunch of noise that would make unlistenable.  Not the case.  In some ways its better than the orginal.  The Long and Winding Road has a beautiful piano part that I don't remember.  It doesn't feel live like it says it should but it does have this raw feeling that is wonderful to hear in an album.  I'll post more when I have more time.

markC

Let it be... Naked
« Reply #1 on: 18 Nov 2003, 11:20 pm »
Please do! I've been thinking of getting some Beatles, but I figured that it would sound like shit, so haven't bothered. The difference in sound quality between different CD's is really starting to bother me.

bob82274

Let it be... Naked
« Reply #2 on: 19 Nov 2003, 02:07 am »
Well sadly most Beatles CDs are not very quiet... I know that reissues or something will be out in a year or something silly like that and I'll have to replace all of the albums.  

Naked isn't for someone not familiar with the Beatles later works.  But fortunatly around here that person is rare.  That being said, Naked is a LOT quieter than the other albums.  As a whole I can now say I prefer it to the orginal.  Both are good but Naked appeals to my pallet more.  The songs are bout the same but are in a different order.  There is one less track on there.  Didn't bother too look to see how the tracks differed but I do know there is one less.  

With my turntable not being of the highest quality or even more important not hooked up, I havn't been able to buy much of them on vinyl.  The one I do have is the US version of Rubber Soul and it isn't in the best of shape.  So for me CDs are the only way to have them and they are too good for me to not listen to because of a noisy disk.  But if re-masters do come out I'll be the first in line for them  :wink: .

markC

Let it be... Naked
« Reply #3 on: 19 Nov 2003, 03:07 am »
The Beatles later works? As far as I know, the Beatles haven't done any later works for quite a number of years. Does "Naked" sound any good or is it noisey single dimension crap?