Can anyone recommend a good printer?

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« on: 18 Nov 2003, 08:21 pm »
I'm currently using an HP psc 1210 XI scanner/printer, and it's pretty nice for $100, but I'm really wanting something a little better.  The ability to print wide format would really be nice (ie. 11" x 17").  My main priorities are photo quality printing and good paper control (I will print a lot of CD labels and jewel case inserts- some printers are not very consistent or repeatable in where the print will land).  Good rich, deep black is a must.

I really don't want to spend over $350 unless there's something really special for a bit more that merits the extra $.  Bear in mind that the more I blow on a printer, the less I'll have for audio! :wink:

bubba966

« Reply #1 on: 18 Nov 2003, 08:39 pm »
I'm not up on current models, but does HP make something that you're looking for?

When I sold printers at Costco, we had the fewest problems & returns on HP's. I've also had nothing but the best experiences with their printers. Though I've usually used their stuff that's been over $200, as their bottom end machines aren't built quite as good as thier mid-line & up models.

I'd stay away from Epson, & Canon printers. Lexmark models seem to be very finicky (sp?) though don't usually have the mechanical problems that the Epson's & Canon's have.

Hp also had lower cost per page as ink cartridges usually go farther than Lexmark's, Epson's, & Canon's.