Next months Absolute sound review of Ref 9 SE V2

beachbum

• Vinyl Delivers all of the Music
Next months Absolute sound review of Ref 9 SE V2
« on: 21 Oct 2008, 09:27 pm »
Casey and Jason looking forward to what AS has to say about the finest in class D amps. They let it be known in there latest issue.
My own feelings are V2 added to a already super amp. Speed, clarity, air, separation, and a pure sound not heard by my ears. I know that V3 is in the future for now your latest in technology is superior. Looking forward to what the experts have to say in AS.  aa aa

gman

Re: Next months Absolute sound review of Ref 9 SE V2
« Reply #1 on: 21 Oct 2008, 11:12 pm »
They let it be known in there latest issue.

Are you saying someone in the current issue of Absolute Sound mentioned an upcoming review of the Ref 9 SE V2? If so, what issue are you referring to and who mentioned htis? I'm really interested to hear their take on the Ref 9 SE V2.  :D

Gary

beachbum

« Reply #2 on: 21 Oct 2008, 11:59 pm »
Novembers issue dont know which page it is i think its listed twice though, it lists reviews in the next upcoming issue. Check it out gman.

Kenobi

« Reply #3 on: 27 Oct 2008, 04:16 pm »
Wonder if they'll reverse their previous verdict that all digital amps are amusical.  Also, hope they'll take their time setting up the unit and optimizing the amp with complimentary cables, accessories and such.  Regardless, this amp is truly endearing to my music listening experience and a revelation.  Can't wait to experience V3 when it comes out.

Regards,

Kenobi  :thumb:

WerTicus

« Reply #4 on: 27 Oct 2008, 04:27 pm »
Well i think my 8b sounds awesome, so... i dont think i want to know what the 9 v2 can do, not when i have no spare $ :P

seadogs1

« Reply #5 on: 27 Oct 2008, 06:07 pm »
Nothing in November issue maybe December?

mcullinan

« Reply #6 on: 27 Oct 2008, 07:12 pm »
YEah I checked November.. nada.
Mike

beachbum

« Reply #7 on: 27 Oct 2008, 10:12 pm »
Guys reply number 2 above says it all. Review in the next issue meaning December. All should have received Novembers AS by now i hope.
Was thinking Casey or Jason would chime in as i am sure they are in the know concerning the review.

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #8 on: 28 Oct 2008, 11:25 am »
Yes, we have read the review for technical correctness. Manufacturer also get a chance to provide comment prior to publication just to be fair.  We don't have anything to comment upon  :wink:

By the way, I saw the Audio & Video Lifestyle Magazine (Australia) review of Ref 9SEV2. Will post on website soon (too busy). Here's part of the conclusion:
The performance of the Ref 9 v2SE monoblocks was impeccable, the best that I have heard regardless of
price ...With the NuForce you get the musical truth with unerring accuracy right across the board, no warm and cuddly valve euphoria, no larger-than-life muscle amp bass presentation, just the truth and
nothing but the truth. Can you stand the truth? I don’t know. But if you are in search of perfection and scientific accuracy, the Ref 9 v2 SE monoblocks are probably the best amplifier you can get at any price; they deserve only the best ancillaries and you will be rewarded.

Rx8man

« Reply #9 on: 27 Nov 2008, 03:20 am »
Yeah, I checked out the review, I'm sure if the amps cost 30K+ they might gush more superlatives and give them a component-of-the-decade award, but who cares.

Personally, I like a tube preamp and gold interconnects, these things play music.

I'd like to hear what a V3 would advance in sound (when the time arrives)

mcullinan

« Reply #10 on: 27 Nov 2008, 03:32 am »
I read the review... They said the top end of the amps are bright... I dont hear it.
Mike

Rx8man

« Reply #11 on: 27 Nov 2008, 04:18 am »
I don't hear it either, the amps are telling the truth about upstream/downstream components though.

Things need to be broken in, matched and lived with for proper evaluation(s)

Leaving them on really helps, they sound better than the VAC  220 Signature Monos I had here.

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #12 on: 30 Nov 2008, 04:21 am »
Chris Martens personally use Ref 9SEV2.  He is just trying to give a balanced review and caution some people that when introducing Nuforce amp (which is very transparent) into a system, they need to be aware that their system could become unbalanced. Some people might have a bright preamp to compensate for existing amp and then when replacing the amp with Nuforce, they will mistakenly think that Nuforce is bright.

Kenobi

« Reply #13 on: 2 Dec 2008, 03:34 pm »
Jason,

Well said.  I find your comment rings true to a "T".

Best regards,

Luc