My Custom Tekton Design Speakers

mklamb

My Custom Tekton Design Speakers
« on: 20 Oct 2008, 04:20 am »
Hi,

I have posted a similar post in the Vinyl Circle forum regarding my journey on getting a good TT system (see my signature for system details).
One of the components in this system were the custom Tekton Design speakers. I first heard of these from posts on the audiokarma.org forums and that led me to more research and finally to Eric (Alexander), owner of Tekton Design. I have not regretted the decision at all.

Eric is a great person, friendly, helpful and very knowledgeable. I was apprehensive about buying speakers unseen and unheard but Eric walked me through the whole process of my speakers and helped me decide the speakers custom-made for my room, budget and requirements.

The details of the speakers are below but these speakers are the best I have heard within my budget and I auditioned many speakers in town. All I can say is WOW! I have been in awe since they arrived and enjoying every moment. I have gotten my family involved in my joy :) I can hear additional detail, expanded sound stage, warmth and a level of realism I have never heard from a CD or previous old speakers I was using as a standby.

My speaker details are:
- Enclosure is Bubinga wood
- 8-inch Fostex FE207E driver and Fostex FT17H driver (super-tweeter)
- System Performance:
  - 40Hz-50kHz
  - 95/96dB @ 1W/1m
  - 8 Ohm impedance, 100 Watt power handling
  - great bass response (no subwoofer needed)
- Cabinet dimensions: 27.5" tall x 11" wide x 12" deep
- Tweeter housing: 4.5" tall x 4.5" wide x 8" deep located on top of the enclosure (like the URUZ)
- Weight: 40 lbs each
- Spikes
- Dual Input Terminals
I also ordered grilles for the speakers.

Kudos to Eric on these speakers; he has a customer for life!!
Pictures:
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?action=gallery;area=browse;album=1611

Thanx,
Mahesh

nvrgdenuf

Re: My Custom Tekton Design Speakers
« Reply #1 on: 12 Nov 2008, 04:16 am »
 :thumb:
Absolutely beautiful speakers.
Wish I had some of those cabs for my 207e :cry:
I should put in an email to Eric for pricing on the main cabinets.

andy