Has anyone had the chance to compare the MHDT Havana to the Audiosector USBDAC?

ebag4

I had posted this on the "Audio Central" circle but thought I might get a better response here.

Has anyone had the chance to compare the MHDT Havana to the Audiosector USBDAC?

What were your impressions?

Thanks,
Ed

Folsom

I am getting one of Peter's kits (same parts as the one he sells). I can let you know how it is vs. SB3 and 1541a (in cd player).

Frankly how simple they are, with very high grade parts, is why I like Peter's stuff. I rock a GC by him that can bring out more music than any source I have yet to put behind it, or speaker in front of it (with BG's in it, not the Panasonics)

Peter usually goes the extra mile to do stuff like make sure his thing sound better than Mark Levinson units and stuff like that. They are simple but done right. The other DACs looks nice but over done.

steve k

Yes, I heard both in my system recently. They are very close in sound. The only difference we could detect was the Audiosector is a little more forward in presentation while the Havana was a little more laid back. Other than that, they're hard to tell apart in my system.
steve

ebag4

Thanks for the feedback guys, it is appreciated.

Best,
Ed

Edit: Steve, can you tell me what your system consist of (e.g. tubes or solid state, type of speakers, etc..)?  I checked your 2 channel listing but it is currently unavailable.

Thanks again,
Ed

« Last Edit: 20 Oct 2008, 02:00 pm by ebag4 »