VMPS gets a mention in The Robb Report.

Horsehead

« on: 17 Nov 2003, 08:30 pm »
In the November 2003 issue, author Ken Kessler was doing an article on ribbon technology used in loudspeakers and VMPS gets a mention.

"Today, Aerial, Burmester, Element, Tact Audio, VMPS, and other companies are producing hybrid speakers that include ribbons for the highest frequencies and leave the lower notes to conventional drivers."

Two companies, Dali and Meadow Song Labs, got most of the print.

The article failed to mention that VMPS are THE best sounding speakers in the world today using ribbon technology! :mrgreen:

The RM/Xs should be chump change for the people who subscribe to that magazine.  I think the average WRISTWATCH price for most of the ads is like $15,000 :o They have a ladies bracelet for $462,000 in one article!!!!

Hey Brian,  just remember if someone calls and say they read about VMPS in the Robb Report, just take list price and multiply by three!

BTW- I had the pleasure of meeting Rup the other day and got a chance to see and hear the RM/Xs.  Absolutely incredible.  What a design! Rup had the speakers basically in a temporary setup with NAD amps and Adcom CD changer, and while there where some obvious shortcomings, I was AMAZED at how good they were sounding with such a "basic" setup. I believe once setup when the new gear arrives, it has the potential to be one of the finest sounding systems I will get a chance to hear.  I don't think Julian was exaggerating at all when he gave his impression of the RM/X versus the RM40 a while back.

Marbles

« Reply #1 on: 17 Nov 2003, 09:13 pm »
You must have been on a trip....that's the only time I read the Robb report.......sitting on a jet or waiting for one....

Thanks for the heads up on the article.

Andrikos

« Reply #2 on: 17 Nov 2003, 11:31 pm »
"include ribbons for the highest frequencies "

Highest frequencies?
I guess 166Hz could be described as "highest" frequency...
By a BLUE WHALE!
:):D:)