Ridge Street Audio Designs gets another review...

Robert C. Schult

« on: 17 Nov 2003, 07:54 pm »
Hi 'Circlers.
As benefit to you, us and to acknowlrdge the efforts of one of our clients, I'd like to submit the following review posted at AudioAsylum...Enjoy!

http://www.audioasylum.com/audio/cables/messages/85035.html

Also, as business has been good, we're extending our discounted pricing through the end of the year! As long as folks are buying and enjoying our offerings, we can continue to discount our prices like we've been. Thanks to all who are enjoying our endevors!

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #1 on: 18 Nov 2003, 08:22 am »
A very well written review ! Congrats in order. Plus, discount on cable prices,..... can't beat a sale !!  8)

Mad DOg

« Reply #2 on: 18 Nov 2003, 08:47 am »
Quote from: lonewolfny42
... can't beat a sale !

that's right! you can beat a dead horse but you can't beat a sale!  :lol:

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #3 on: 18 Nov 2003, 09:11 am »
Quote from: Mad DOg
Quote from: lonewolfny42
... can't beat a sale !

that's right! you can beat a dead horse but you can't beat a sale!  :lol:
You CA. guys have no use for a horse now - since Arnold rolled back the car tax, now you can drive in style..... ! :lol:

Sa-dono

« Reply #4 on: 18 Nov 2003, 09:55 am »
Nice review for Ridge Street indeed. At first it seemed like he just wanted to talk about his musical choices..but he finally got around to talking more about the actual product at the end, in the conclusion.

Although this was a rather interesting comment.."Ridge Street Audio, a new kid on the block so to speak in the crowed high-end audio cable industry." Has the high-end audio cable industry really gotten so crowded that they're pecking at each other like crows? :lol:

Quote from: Robert C. Schult

I'm very flatted that you felt our Midnight Silver Edition Gen.II cables deserved such attention.

He "hit" you, and "flatted" you, to keep the cables..huh? :jester:

You should tell him to try out the Poiema! cables :mrgreen:

audiojerry

« Reply #5 on: 18 Nov 2003, 04:03 pm »
Flatted? what the heck is that?
I think you interpreted it correctly, Sa-dono.  :lol:

Because of his flair for mispelling in his posts, I Initially wondered if Robert had misspelled his reference model, Poiema, but a Google search takes him off the hook. I couldn't find it in any English dictionary, but I found this definition for the Greek word:
Greek Word: Poiema - {Poy'-ay-mah}
Meaning: (1) That which has been made
(2) a work, (2a) of the works of God as creator
Usage: AV - thing that is made, workmanship

"...the works of God as creator"? I guess you can't get much better than that, huh? I think Robert should maybe elaborate on his use of Poiema  :mrgreen:

Robert C. Schult

« Reply #6 on: 18 Nov 2003, 06:56 pm »
I'm looking at all this and trying to figure out the "hitting" thing. Finally, I see it. Jerry's write(rite, reit, ryte, right), my spelling leaves a bite to be dressed sometimes. I meant "Bludgeoned"(spell checked). :o

As for the word Poiema!, it simply means a work but also has an emphasis on the work being a masterpiece. In the Greek, there are other words to describe a work without that emphasis. Also, I would consider it arrogant if I were to say our Poiema! cable is a work of God. Poiema in and of itself does not mean "of the works of God as creator" according to Greek Lexicons I own. Simply put, Poiema means a masterful work with the context of its usage defining whose workmanship it is. While the word was used in common Greek literature to describe the quality of ones work, the word is also used in biblical scripture, I believe only once, in reference to believers being God's workmanship which is a whole other topic. I imagine this is why a Google search includes a definition of "of the works of God as creator". To date, good or bad, our cables that carry that name designation are MY masterpiece and as far as I know, no God elf is making these for me late at night while I sleep (now there's a new marketing angle! Or is it angel? :o ). The Poiema! cables are the best I know how to do right now given our design goals and construction techniques. Perhaps of interest also is that Poiema is also the root word from which the English word Poem comes from...hence, our slogan "Poiema!....Masterfully Revealing the Poetry of Music!".

So, there's my elaboration! :lol:

Sa-dono

« Reply #7 on: 18 Nov 2003, 07:53 pm »
Quote from: audiojerry
Flatted? what the heck is that?
I think you interpreted it correctly, Sa-dono.  :lol:

flat
Function: verb
Inflected Form(s): flat·ted; flat·ting
1 : FLATTEN

:wink:
Robert should look like a pancake about now :mrgreen:

Robert C. Schult

« Reply #8 on: 19 Nov 2003, 12:16 am »
You know, I'm thinking it would probably be good if you folks had some pricing to go by regarding our sale pricing, Yes!? :roll:

Posted at AudiogoN:

http://cgi.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cl.pl?cablspkr&1071500041
http://cgi.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cl.pl?cablspkr&1074382040
http://cgi.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cl.pl?accstwek&1074271461

I'm still trying to set a block of time aside to do some photography and update our web site. I'll post that once it's done (Okay Robin!?:flak:).

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #9 on: 19 Nov 2003, 11:10 am »
Quote from: Robert C. Schult
You know, I'm thinking it would probably be good if you folks had some pricing to go by regarding our sale pricing, Yes!? :roll:

Posted at AudiogoN:

http://cgi.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cl.pl?cablspkr&1071500041
http://cgi.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cl.pl?cablspkr&1074382040
http://cgi.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cl.pl?accstwek&1074271461

I'm still trying to set a block of time aside to do some photography and update our web site. I'll post that once it's done (Okay Robin!?:flak:).
            Yes Robert,,, anytime would be a good time for an overdue website facelift. Your cable products deserve no less, IMO. I have recently been taking immense pleasure in the purity of what your digital cable is transmitting thru to my Lorelei's. My heavy use of Stillpoints ERS in my BPT conditioner has further clarified the details from my digital sources. Maybe Lak would consider comparing your digital cable with what he's currently using? His reviews do make for a good read as did that gentlemans review at AA. MUCH more detailed than I could ever hope to accomplish,,,, but then I'm having too much fun just listening. Besides, who needs to have their spelling critiqued, hea Robert? :D Regards, Robin