Lessloss powercords

jamesbrown838

Lessloss powercords
« on: 14 Oct 2008, 10:04 pm »
I have Nuforce P8 preamp and Mch2-5 power amplifier (which I hope to upgrade to the SE) , both I think are absolutely amazing!!!!! and I don't think I will ever go to anyone else for hi-fi gear but when I bought the Lessloss powercords it took my system to an even higher level.  I now listen to even more beautiful music. To me it is match made in heaven!!
I would be interested to hear if anyone else has been using the Lessloss Nuforce combination and what there experience has been.
It is great for me just to get something right with hifi as you can stumble a right few times and waste lots of cash.

beachbum

• Vinyl Delivers all of the Music
Re: Lessloss powercords
« Reply #1 on: 14 Oct 2008, 11:08 pm »
I've been using LessLoss PCs for some time with my Ref 9 SE V2s, They replaced Black Sand Violets. I am in total agreement with you using LessLoss PCs with Nuforce gear. I like the quite presentation and full sound. Like your self i will be staying pat for some time with this combo.

JayDoubleU

« Reply #2 on: 23 Dec 2008, 10:32 am »
Same here: LessLoss is an enormous improvement over my previous power cords (Analog Research Silver Raincoat Reference), with blacker backgounds, better details, less digital sound and extended frequency range, both up and down. Prices are excellent value for money.

Adamay

« Reply #3 on: 31 Dec 2008, 12:03 pm »
JayDoubleU, I just read your post below, too.  Could you let me know what power conditioning you tried before moving to the Lessloss cords?  Thank you.  A.

timothyharnett

« Reply #4 on: 14 Jan 2009, 10:24 pm »
On the subject of power cables.  I've found The Missing Link Orbit Power cable terrific and is my current favourite.  You can make it up yourself for £12 a metre but you need a meter as the wires aren't colour coded.  www.the-missing-link.net

Obviously I have no preferential relationship with the company.

referenceaudionz

« Reply #5 on: 26 Jan 2009, 08:44 pm »
CrystalPower Reference power cables are my recommendation after trying and owning dozens including LessLoss (which do sound as they're named: filtering).

My favorite unshielded power cables are noisy and just sound wrong in comparison. Reference have more body than CrystalPower Standard, sounding a little leaner in comparison.

(I'm a dealer for both)

mmakshak

« Reply #6 on: 10 Feb 2009, 02:23 pm »
  I use all Lessloss pc's, except on my 2 power supplies(Lingo and Lehmann Black Cube).  I tried my one Lessloss on all my stuff-to determine how many I wanted to get under their special deal.  When I got all my Lessloss pc's(4 altogether), I tried my last 2 on my Nuforce 8.5V1, that had V2 power cords on it.  When I did so, a certain synergy occurred.  I found that they benefited my Apl Denon 3910 that I use as a transport, my Oritek pre/dac, and my Nuforce amps.  They beat Volex 17604 and Valab silver pc's(which means I was a novice).  I wonder if they would benefit my Nuforce P9?

mmakshak

« Reply #7 on: 12 Feb 2009, 03:14 pm »
JayDoubleU, since I have all Lessloss pc's(except for power supplies), this tweak might fit Lessloss' lack of noise.  I recently bought Mapleshade's 4-inch amp stands for my Nuforce 8.5V1's, and discovered that amp/myrtle footers/small isonodes/stands was like getting your VTA or anti-skate correct.  You know it when you hear it kind of deal.  This was in comparison to amp/stand and amp/myrtle footers/stand.  I previously tried just isonodes before.  I used 3 feet made up of Eaglesound's myrtle and small isonodes.  I was wondering about your experience of Lessloss pc on the Nuforce P9.  Although I'm not using my P9 right now, my one-year deal with Lessloss is ending soon.