AC/DC and Walmart.

jackman

Re: AC/DC and Walmart.
« Reply #20 on: 1 Nov 2008, 04:49 pm »
I'll give the boys a break.  Unlike most of the old time bands that have sold out over the years, these guys have stayed true to their roots.  I still love playing AC/DC songs, on my guitar and my stereo.  Say what you want, they are still awesome live (touring now in the USA), they have sold over 200 million albums, and they NEVER put out a ballad!  The last one is key because EVERY other hard rock or heavy band put out balads when it was in vogue.  

Plus, the Young brothers keep it simple.  True, AC/DC sticks to the basics, they play three chords...but at least they play the three good ones!  Just kidding, they play more than three chords.  I think Angus' leads to many of the classics are perfection, and Malcom is the best rythm ROCK guitarist of all time.  AC/DC music bleeds 100% Rock and Roll and doesn't try to do anything else.  Please name two more Rocking albums than Highway to Hell and Back in Black?  These albums sound as great today as they did nearly thirty years ago.  If they never made another album after these two, they'd still have my vote for one of the best ROCK band ever. Fortunately, they followed up with Dirty Deeds and For those About to Rock (two classics) and several more solid recordings.  

I can forgive the guys for doing a deal with Wally World.  The new album doesn't break any new ground but it rocks.  Easily worth the 10 bucks...no matter where you have to buy it (I don't condone illegal downloads of bands I like!).

J

opnly bafld

• 83 Klipsch LSIs
« Reply #21 on: 1 Nov 2008, 05:48 pm »
Well as much as some of you bitched and whined, seems AC/DC is EXTREMELY happy with the deal as it landed them the number one spot on the charts at nearly 3/4 of a million cd's sold..all thanks to WM.

Are you saying if I put my name on a CD and sold it through WM I would sell that many?
« Last Edit: 1 Nov 2008, 10:10 pm by opnly bafld »

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #22 on: 1 Nov 2008, 08:07 pm »
AC/DC is one of the all time greatest rock bands. When I first saw all the publicity in Walmart the other night, I thought..." What the heck is this all about".

While I am a bit too old to be walking around with faded AC/DC T-shirts, I still listen to their music and if they can sell that many albums going through Walmart, more power too them. As long as their music stays 'true', who cares where it's sold.

My favorite rock bands just to name a few: (in no particular order)

Kiss
Metallica
AC/DC
Zeppelin
Great White

gixxerific

« Reply #23 on: 9 Nov 2008, 03:17 am »
Fukc Walmart

Edit: AC\DC still has it though no offense to them just their promoters. They are still keeping it real after all these years, much respect. :thumb:

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #24 on: 24 Dec 2008, 06:27 am »
Did you hear the news....

Another Wal-Mart exclusive...coming Jan. 13th. .....Bruce Springsteen.....

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #25 on: 24 Dec 2008, 06:33 am »
It's just a "Greatest Hits" album. :roll: Still,,, those Long Island Wal-mart employees better not be turning their backs on opening day. :lol:

Cheers,
Robin

Kim S.

« Reply #26 on: 25 Dec 2008, 11:55 am »
I just thought I'd give my impression on how the new AC/DC release sounds.  I think it is very good but at 55 minutes too long.  Sounds funny but I think I would have liked it more with less music.  All the songs are good but as we all know AC/DC tends to sound the same after a while.  At 35 minutes I would have thought of it as a tight effort and wanted more.