RMAF, a brief cover

Mike Dzurko

RMAF, a brief cover
« on: 13 Oct 2008, 03:38 am »
Just got home . ..

A fine time was had by all, our main room sounded great, and business was very good  :D

I want to send out a huge thanks to Bryan, Glenn, Greg, Sue, and Ennis.  Once again I had to fly in late and leave before the show was over. Translation, everyone else did the hard work of setup and tear down. And yes, we’re talking a lot of hours of work here.

Thanks to all the folks from the AC circles who dropped by, listened to tunes and provided positive vibes. But I feel like a slacker on other accounts as well . . .Chris, we didn’t get a pic of you leaning on the speakers!

Tomorrow we’ll start working to catch up on your orders.  Again, thanks to everyone!

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
Re: RMAF, a brief cover
« Reply #1 on: 13 Oct 2008, 03:45 pm »
Sorry we didn't get a photo Mike.... :?

But I did enjoy the visit with you, Bryan, Glenn, Greg, Sue, and Ennis.

And.....you served beer....way to go....thank you... :beer:

You had two very nice rooms....ACI speakers (Sapphire XL and Emeralds)....Korato equipment... good room treatments (GIK Acoustics)...with DH Labs wires.

A very relaxing sound....easy to listen to....thanks for playing my tunes. :thumb:

Both myself and Captain Humble really enjoyed the visit. I'm pretty sure that anyone visiting your rooms enjoyed it as well....thanks.

Chris

PS....I see a fellow Raver was the contest winner of a pair of Emerald speakers...cool !!! 8)

Zero

« Reply #2 on: 13 Oct 2008, 04:52 pm »
Lets see Mike, you arrive late, leave early (avoiding set up and take down all-together), your unable to hold your liquor, and you suck at buying gifts --- if your stuff didn't sound good, I'd damn near say there would be no reason to have ya around  :icon_lol: :lol:

All in good fun man - it was good meeting ya.

stereocilia

« Reply #3 on: 13 Oct 2008, 06:49 pm »
Mike, quit posting and fill my order!   :D

Honestly though, my high expectations for sound quality were exceeded; relaxing without sacrificing detail or impact.  Completely involving; really awesome.   I can't wait to set up my new sapphire XLs in my own room.  Thanks again.

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #4 on: 14 Oct 2008, 02:08 pm »
Chris, as always, good to see you and Jeff and thanks for sharing the Rave CD. Cool that you made us one of your first stops. Sorry I couldn’t crake open a beer with you guys, but I needed to wait till a little later in the day. In spite of what Sean says I can hold my liquor just fine    . . .  at least if I don’t start too early  :D

I didn’t have a chance to meet Paul, (the drawing winner), as I had to head for the airport before then. Didn’t know he was an AC guy, that is cool!  8)

Sean, it was good to finally meet you, even if you thrive on giving me a hard time  :lol:  Yeh, I owe a lot to the other folks in our rooms. If I had more than one personal day a year maybe I could actually get there early enough to help out  :nono:

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #5 on: 14 Oct 2008, 02:21 pm »
It was a good time.  Thanks to all who stopped by either of the rooms.  I'd also like to thank Chis from BPT for the loan on the power conditioner - it made a good bit of difference with the crappy hotel power for sure.

I brought the Emeralds home with me and hope to have them shipped out to Paul this evening if all goes well.

Bryan

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #6 on: 14 Oct 2008, 08:52 pm »
Mike, quit posting and fill my order!   :D

Honestly though, my high expectations for sound quality were exceeded; relaxing without sacrificing detail or impact.  Completely involving; really awesome.   I can't wait to set up my new sapphire XLs in my own room.  Thanks again.

You're probably hearing less from me here in part because we do have a pretty big backlog to be working on. Thanks for taking the time to really listen at the show. You're a perfect example of the idea that the longer you listen to them, the more you're going to appreciate them, and want your own  :D   We'll do our best to get your Sapphire XLs built, tested, and on the way without you needing to wait too long.  Thanks again!

ltr317

« Reply #7 on: 14 Oct 2008, 10:03 pm »
Chris, as always, good to see you and Jeff and thanks for sharing the Rave CD. Cool that you made us one of your first stops. Sorry I couldn’t crake open a beer with you guys, but I needed to wait till a little later in the day. In spite of what Sean says I can hold my liquor just fine    . . .  at least if I don’t start too early  :D

I didn’t have a chance to meet Paul, (the drawing winner), as I had to head for the airport before then. Didn’t know he was an AC guy, that is cool!  8)

Sean, it was good to finally meet you, even if you thrive on giving me a hard time  :lol:  Yeh, I owe a lot to the other folks in our rooms. If I had more than one personal day a year maybe I could actually get there early enough to help out  :nono:

Hi Mike.  I'm sorry to have missed meeting you.  I was trying to stop in every room at the show and was strapped for time.  As it turns out, I only made it to approx. 80%  of the rooms.  I lingered too long in about 8 or 9 rooms in the three days I was there because I like what I heard in those rooms.  Your room was one of the systems I enjoyed listening to the most, even before you informed me I had won the raffle for the Emeralds.   :icon_lol:  I only took photos of my favorite rooms, here's proof: 

When I sort through my notes, I will post a longer entry in the central RMAF threads here of my favorite rooms. Thanks very much for picking my entry.

Paul
NYC

ltr317

« Reply #8 on: 14 Oct 2008, 10:05 pm »
It was a good time.  Thanks to all who stopped by either of the rooms.  I'd also like to thank Chis from BPT for the loan on the power conditioner - it made a good bit of difference with the crappy hotel power for sure.

I brought the Emeralds home with me and hope to have them shipped out to Paul this evening if all goes well.

Bryan

Hi Bryan.  It was nice meeting you and thanks for taking the speakers with you, as I had no more free hands to get them to the airport. 

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #9 on: 15 Oct 2008, 12:27 am »

Hi Mike.  I'm sorry to have missed meeting you.  I was trying to stop in every room at the show and was strapped for time.  As it turns out, I only made it to approx. 80%  of the rooms.  I lingered too long in about 8 or 9 rooms in the three days I was there because I like what I heard in those rooms.  Your room was one of the systems I enjoyed listening to the most, even before you informed me I had won the raffle for the Emeralds.   :icon_lol:  I only took photos of my favorite rooms, here's proof: 

When I sort through my notes, I will post a longer entry in the central RMAF threads here of my favorite rooms. Thanks very much for picking my entry.

Paul
NYC

Paul:

Wish I could have met you before I had to fly. When I reached into the box of entries I was thinking "it would be great if it was someone from the wonderful AC community".  When I pulled your card I didn't know, but I'm glad.

Bryan has once again stepped up to the plate, done the lifting,  and made the details work out   :weights:

DR

• The Man
« Reply #10 on: 15 Oct 2008, 12:45 am »
Did I dream this or was there supposed to be a new ACI model?

ajayrav

« Reply #11 on: 15 Oct 2008, 01:31 am »

Yeah, I remember thinking that Mike mentioned in an earlier thread that there would be a surprise at RMAF.  Maybe we misunderstood?

Ajay

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #12 on: 15 Oct 2008, 11:51 am »

DR, AJay:

You got me. It looked so great in CAD and mock up.  Didn't make the cut when we saw the actual sample so we we're back to the drawing board.

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #13 on: 15 Oct 2008, 11:54 am »

jrebman

« Reply #14 on: 15 Oct 2008, 05:49 pm »
Mike, Bryan, and all,

Mighty fine sounding room -- definitely one of the highlights for me this year.  That amp of Bryan's is just killer with the Sapphires.

Really made me depressed to think of selling mine.  I tried to find a way I could swing it on the ride  home, but it just flat out won't work.

Glad business was brisk though -- how could it not be?

Mike, can you PM or email me -- I need to buy a sub setup disc from you but can't figure out how to do it on your web site.

Hanging my head in shame,

Jim

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #15 on: 15 Oct 2008, 08:30 pm »
Mike, Bryan, and all,

Mighty fine sounding room -- definitely one of the highlights for me this year.  That amp of Bryan's is just killer with the Sapphires.

Really made me depressed to think of selling mine.  I tried to find a way I could swing it on the ride  home, but it just flat out won't work.

Glad business was brisk though -- how could it not be?

Mike, can you PM or email me -- I need to buy a sub setup disc from you but can't figure out how to do it on your web site.

Hanging my head in shame,

Jim

Jim:

I was really sorry to see you not feeling too well. And I wish there was some way I could help you hang on to your Sapphires . . . I sincerely hope that the money situation improves soon for you and Linda. 

We don't offer the CDs for sale, ust PM me with the complete address of the new Force XL owner and we'll mail him a CD at N/C.   Feel better Jim!

twitch54

« Reply #16 on: 15 Oct 2008, 09:59 pm »
The Sapphires with the Serbian electronics were, IMO an absoloute winner ! Again thanks Brian to you and your wife for letting me hear several Beegie Adair pieces through them !

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #17 on: 16 Oct 2008, 09:40 pm »
Thanks Dave, good music!

Here's another link to coverage with fine pictures:
http://www.audiofederation.com/hifiing/2008/RMAF2008/report/1500/floor_10/#aci

ltr317

« Reply #18 on: 23 Oct 2008, 01:49 am »
Hi Mike,

I received the Emeralds today.  Three cheers to Bryan for shipping them.  I connected them to my home theater receiver and right out of the box they sound very good.  I'm now a happy owner of ACI speakers.  Thanks again for picking my entry.

Paul

griller

« Reply #19 on: 20 Nov 2008, 06:26 pm »
Paul:

I hope you enjoy your Emeralds as much as I've enjoyed mine! The midrange is really pretty special if you ask me.  I really hope I can get to RMAF myself next year!