Unifield 3s

Rutgar

Re: Unifield 3s
« Reply #40 on: 21 Nov 2008, 01:23 pm »
Okay, I have things sounding much better now.  The biggest problem was the way I was doing Bass Management.  Originally, I using the Classe' for Bass Management.  But after reading in the Velodyne manual that I should be using the Bass Managment in the Subwoofer, I had switched things around.  This caused the Pre/Pro to do funky things with the bass on the Unifield 3's.  After going back to letting the Classe' handle all of the base management, then everything sound the way they're supposed to.  So the problem wasn't with the Unifield 3's, but in my setting things up.

Cor, to get a picture to show in a thread:

Upload the picture to the Audio Circle Gallery.

After loading; Right Click on the full size image, go to 'Properties', highlight the full address of the picture (http:..etc), right click on highlighted address and select 'copy'.

Then go to your post, click on the 'insert image' icon and paste the address in between the ] and the [ .

ceedee

• Industry Participant
    • Musical Reality
« Reply #41 on: 21 Nov 2008, 02:06 pm »
Thanks Rutgar,

Never to old to learn these things.

Look at the result.

Regards,

Cor

Good luck & enjoy the music

Rutgar

« Reply #42 on: 21 Nov 2008, 05:06 pm »
Hello all,

Here is a nice setup with the Unifield III in Holland.
We used the Uni's on a domotica fair to show a very small but complete system.

Sound was realy stunning.

Regards,

Cor

Nice looking display.  So what effect did you get by raising the speakers higher?  Was that because people were mainly standing?  And what are the items that you have in front of them?

ceedee

• Industry Participant
    • Musical Reality
« Reply #43 on: 21 Nov 2008, 06:50 pm »
Yes Rutgar, people were mostly standing.

We used several inputs.
DVD, CD, Escient & Kaleidescape Servers and a Laptop to show what is possible these days.
The black cloth in the front we use at night as a cover.

The equipment stayed in the open room. The Evoluon is build in a circle like a mushroom.

http://zakelijk.zobrabant.nl/en/4826b53c-3048-22ab-572170c22b91756e

Regards,

Cor
« Last Edit: 1 Dec 2008, 03:19 pm by ceedee »

SundayNiagara

« Reply #44 on: 25 Dec 2008, 09:38 pm »
Bump:

There has to be more info on this speaker!

ceedee

• Industry Participant
    • Musical Reality
« Reply #45 on: 26 Dec 2008, 09:05 am »
Hello Sunday Niagara

What do you like to know?

Have a nice Christmas.

Ceedee

disco

• Industry Participant
    • Supra HiFi
« Reply #46 on: 6 Jan 2009, 08:30 pm »
Jonathan Valin named the Unifield 3/Audio Space Ref. 3 integrated Biggest Bargain of Show(RMAF08) in the latest issue of The Absolute Sound. He almost put the Unifield 3's in Runners-Up for Best High-End Speakers of Show, but they were beat out by Avalon Indras($20k) and Nola Baby Grand References($55k). That is a true testiment to the awesome sound of the Unifield 3's!
« Last Edit: 7 Jan 2009, 04:47 am by disco »

Hoosierdaddy

« Reply #47 on: 30 Jan 2009, 01:45 am »
The Absolute Sound has a feature on the Unifield 3s on the website:

http://www.avguide.com/article/von-schweikert-audio-unveils-unifield-three-loudspeaker

Nice to see VSA get some press from TAS, could a review be in the offing?

Hoosierdaddy

JackD201

« Reply #48 on: 30 Jan 2009, 01:58 am »
It was also on the Editor's Pick for Best Loudspeakers of the show list as an entry by Chris Martens. According to JV on the same blog, the four "attainable" loudspeakers (Joseph Pulsar, Aerial 20T and another I can't recall right now along with the Unifield 3) are all to be reviewed. Cool  :thumb: Dagogo has the u3s for review too :)

Martin Colloms, formerly of Stereophile and now honcho of HIFIcritic.com is doing a review of the VR-5 Anniversary.

oscar

« Reply #49 on: 14 Apr 2009, 07:25 pm »
Scott is planning to bring over a pair of Unifield-3s to an April 25 meeting of the (rather informal) Dallas Audio Club.  The plan was to initially set them up in a 25x20x10 room mated with Electrocompaniet electronics and MIT cabling. I would expect there would be subsequent swapping out of gear; I'm anticipating some tubed gear showing up .

Would it be worth the trouble to attempt to integrate these speakers with a sub either ahead of time and/or during the demo ? I'd have a pair of JL Audio F113 subs and an older Revel B15 sub "on-call" .  Or maybe borrow "someone's" 18" sub...   :)

This would be the first time I've heard these speakers.  I may even try them in my system first before the meeting.  Hopefully, the owner will not have a "sanity attack" before he brings them over...... 

Oh yeah, anyone in/visiting the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex is welcome to come over.  It won't be just about the Unifield-3s, but I expect we'll give them a good workout.
« Last Edit: 14 Apr 2009, 10:01 pm by oscar »

jimdgoulding

« Reply #50 on: 15 Apr 2009, 01:56 am »
YEs way overpriced. But VonScweichy is a big time company. They can charge w/e they want.
Mike

I am of the opinion that once some manufacturer raises the bar it is license for a bunch of others to follow.  And they do.  Magazines have to have new products to review and those reviews fuel interest and price justification.  Between them they create a market.  That's just an observation by me, not a value judgment.  As it relates to audio, there are so many variables the best attainable sound of any component depends on our particular room and associated equipment regardless of what we read or spend or even hear in a setting other than our very own.   

es347

• Facilitator
  • ..I've got my eye on you...which one you say?
« Reply #51 on: 15 Apr 2009, 01:35 pm »
YEs way overpriced. But VonScweichy is a big time company. They can charge w/e they want.
Mike

I am of the opinion that once some manufacturer raises the bar it is license for a bunch of others to follow.  And they do.  Magazines have to have new products to review and those reviews fuel interest and price justification.  Between them they create a market.  That's just an observation by me, not a value judgment.  As it relates to audio, there are so many variables the best attainable sound of any component depends on our particular room and associated equipment regardless of what we read or spend or even hear in a setting other than our very own.   

Hey Jim,

How do you like your Dynaudios?  Have you had a chance to hear any of the VSA speakers?  The VR4s or the VR5 Anniversaries?  If so, how would you compare the sound?

jimdgoulding

« Reply #52 on: 15 Apr 2009, 03:57 pm »
Mike

Hey Jim,

How do you like your Dynaudios?  Have you had a chance to hear any of the VSA speakers?  The VR4s or the VR5 Anniversaries?  If so, how would you compare the sound?
Thanks for asking but I don't actually own the Dyn's you see in my avatar.  I make the funny little things you see surrounding the tweeters.  The picture is meant as an example which I change out periodically.  Recently, I've listened to some Daedalus DA1's and some Esoteric M20's (the latter using my small thing) with some of my own records driven by exceptional tube gear as was mightily impressed.  They are both around 7k.  I have not listened with VSA's in a long time.  My focus is on maximizing what I've got.  I'm investing in a power conditioner/cable.  I don't want for much when I sit and listen.  I think it's a synergistic thing and that I must be lucky.

es347

• Facilitator
« Reply #53 on: 15 Apr 2009, 04:03 pm »

es347

• Facilitator
« Reply #54 on: 15 Apr 2009, 04:03 pm »
Sounds like you are in a good place sonically.  Stay there Thumbs up :thumb: