SOLD: Exemplar Denon DVD-3910 all upgrades

blownrx7

SOLD: Exemplar Denon DVD-3910 all upgrades
« on: 8 Oct 2008, 12:53 pm »
SOLD!!!
Laine got an awesome player at a greate price! Thanks.
YOU CAN'T GET ANYWHERE NEAR THIS PERFORMANCE FOR THIS PRICE!
John Tucker modified Denon DVD-3910 in black.
Perfect condition. I can't find a mark on it except underneath the screws. All of Exemplar's upgrades (except XLR outputs) were done to this unit.
The RCA outputs sound just as good as the XLR’s because they benefit equally from Exemplar's balanced audio circuit upgrade, so the xlr’s are not necessary.
All standard functionality is maintained, and everything is installed within the Denon 3910.

Extra set of NOS GE tubes included for the tube output stage, Siltech internal wiring, upgraded female RCAs, new clock, lots of high end capacitors, etc.
Can use any of the following tubes:
• 5965 , 6829, 7062, E180CC, or CV8431 (direct plug ins)
• Includes Siltech wiring upgrade
• The power supply rectifiers are upgraded
• Several critical caps are replaced with Blackgates
• The AC power input is hardwired with upgraded wire, replacing the 3 mechanical connections in the stock unit
• 5 new independent high performance shunt regulators are added to the unit
• The stock clock is replaced with a TENT ENGINEERING re-clocking circuit powered by one of the new shunt regs
• A new active loaded, shunt regulated tube stage is added along with a new set of high performance stereo outputs

• Also includes the critical "post-DAC mods" (Post-digital-to-analog converter).
NOTE: Many Exemplar 3910s do not include this essential upgrade

See the high praise review at www.ultraaudio.com/equipment/exemplar_denon_dvd3910.htm
Also, since Exemplar's website leaves a lot to be desired (John Tucker spends his energy on making great sound, not great websites), check out the sixmoons review of the Exemplar modifed 2900.
This was over $5000 new. I am offering it for $1999 + shipping!

TERMS:
USPS money order or PAYPAL CASH transfer from paypal account or bank transfer (no credit or debit cards via Paypal) – this way I don’t incur or charge those bogus fees.
I charge only actual UPS INSURED shipping fees at actual shipping weight – no inflated weight or “handling” charges... I am located in CT 06070
I PACK FOR SAFE ARRIVAL!
Lowballers respectfully ignored.

See photos at my audiogon ad: http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?dgtlplay&1227878072&/Exemplar-Denon-DVD-3910-lower-
« Last Edit: 13 Oct 2008, 02:09 pm by blownrx7 »