Guilty Pleasures

bubba966

Guilty Pleasures
« Reply #20 on: 25 Nov 2003, 05:56 am »
Quote from: mca
OK, I got another one. Using the Sanford and Son Theme (The Streetbeater) by Quincy Jones to test out audio gear at my local hoidy toidy audio shop  :lol:
Seriously though, it's a great song and it's recorded very well, but the look on the sales guys faces  :o

Which shop is that?

Sounds like a good :lol: was had by you... :wink:  :mrgreen:

mca

Guilty Pleasures
« Reply #21 on: 25 Nov 2003, 04:31 pm »
Bubba,

The shop was Definitive Audio here in Bellevue. They had a couple of spoiled sales guys a few years back that were not interested in helping anyone unless they came straight over from Microsoft. I got tired of the cold shoulder, so I came in and asked to listen to the B&W/Levinson setup they had, and streetbeater is what I played. I have not been back to either Definitive since.

Carlman

Guilty Pleasures
« Reply #22 on: 26 Nov 2003, 03:46 pm »
Quote from: nathanm
Those Darn Accordians...that reminds me of that yodeler guy, can't remember his name. He's a shill for some real estate firm but the guy can jam on that damn accordian. Ahh, Kerry Christiansen that's it. Saw this guy play Summerfest once and he was pretty good. Was I the only guy in the crowd thinking how "metal" that beat was that his drummer chick was playing? Probably. ..

I have purchased 'Swiss Cowboy' by KC... a MUST have as well.  I can't be guilty about this kind of talent.  

When Nathan's CJ tribute CD arrives, I will send him a copy of Those Darn Accordians... the smash hit album, "Squeeze This"... as well as Pat Boone's 'In a Metal Mood'.... ;)

I think there should be another thread started... "Music that most annoys others when you listen to it..."  I have a long list of that kind of thing.

hifitommy

i'll stick to my annex suggestions
« Reply #23 on: 21 Dec 2003, 05:26 pm »
here are a few-
yello
the art of noise
martin denny
haerbie hancocks-dis is da drum
skinny puppy-the process