What is the finest kahartago monoblock upgrade level ?

hertz

Been thinking about upgrading from my Stratos basic to the khartago monoblocks. Like the stratos monoblocks which can be upgraded to regular , extreme, extreme se and then the glass ceiling versions, what are the options with the khartagos ? Cost ?

Haoleb

Re: What is the finest kahartago monoblock upgrade level ?
« Reply #1 on: 7 Oct 2008, 05:10 am »
I believe that the highest level khartago you can get is with the pilton transformer, 120,000uf capacitance and whatever better parts are used on the board. The case cannot accomodate a second transformer like the stratos can. If you really want the best I think the Stratos extreme mono SE's are the way to go. But of course... Call Klaus :)

hertz

« Reply #2 on: 7 Oct 2008, 06:06 am »
Will this be a real upgrade over the basic stratos with caps upgrade ?  :)
Anyone has done an upgrade like this ? I am not too sure about the stratos mono-blocks due to space and other constraints.

lazydays

« Reply #3 on: 7 Oct 2008, 06:39 pm »
Been thinking about upgrading from my Stratos basic to the khartago monoblocks. Like the stratos monoblocks which can be upgraded to regular , extreme, extreme se and then the glass ceiling versions, what are the options with the khartagos ? Cost ?

I'd save some money and have Klaus do a full tilt rebuild of your basic Stratos amp. It'll be close to the samekind of money you'd spend for a nice pair of mono Kartagos, but probably sound better with the bigger transpormers. I think there's even a way to build two monos in the same base, but of course with a smaller power supply. I think Klaus and I'd be talking trade up to a pair of mid level mono blocs which will set you up for a better upgrade path.
gary

hertz

« Reply #4 on: 8 Oct 2008, 04:17 am »
When you say "rebuild of the stratos", do you mean an "stratos extreme" ? Is there a " glass ceiling" upgrade to the stratos stereo ? The kismet stereo seems to be priced at around 2200$.Is this the way to go  ?  :wink: