Seeking Opinion Tube Research Labs' Dude Peamp with Nuforce 9SE

YGLim

Has anyone tried this preamp with Nuforce mono amp?

From Audiogon, seems like there are two tube preamplifier that works well with Nuforce
Audio Horizons TP2.1
Antique Sound Labs Flora
I am thinking of getting one of these to go along with Nuforce; leaning more towards ASL Flora.

What brings me to consider this preamp is an audiogon member who raved about TP2.1 changed to Dude.
He mentioned that overall control of bass and midrange is better. I have actually contacted Paul of TRL and the facts of this preamp is as follows:
Gain is about 20. I am wondering if this is too much for Nuforce.
The pricing for these three preamp is about the same ~ 3-4K

Any feedback is much appreciated.

Regards
YGLim

Caar

I have both Nuforce pre-amp P9 and ASL Flora (with Sylvania tubes) and, to me, P9 is light years away ahead of the Flora.
The level of detail, tranparency and control is far, far better.
Not to mention that I gave up the Flora hand command - sometimes works, most of the times doesn't.
And with the original Chinese tubes the Flora is simply not listenable (no highs and lows, blurr image).

YGLim

Caar

Thanks for the feedback.
Mmmmm.....I think P9 is definitely a very very good choice with Nuforce.
But kinda leaning towards a tube preamp.
This has more to do with the kind of music that I listen to...mostly vocals like Diana Krall, Frank Sinatra etc..
So wanna have a warm sounding system actually...

Regards
YG Lim

stingfan

The P-9 is pretty impressive.  Audio Horizons's Tube phono pre could be a nice combo with the P-9, if you've got vinyl.

SkyBlue

FWIW, I have a Consonance Cyber 222 tube pre to go with NuForce 9.02 monoblocks.  Was looking at Manley shrimp, Balanced Audio Technology, Cary.  I wanted a remote, and more than 1 pair of RCA outputs to add a sub, so the Consonance fit my limited budget and requirements. Haven't rolled any tubes, don't know which to try, but so far I'm happy with the combination.