Red Wine Interconnects

wilsynet

Red Wine Interconnects
« on: 5 Oct 2008, 06:43 am »
I've been using the Red Wine Interconnects for about a month now.  Vinnie isn't kidding when he says it takes a good 100 hours of break-in for these interconnects.  I've been comparing them against the very well regarded Greg Straley Reality Cables Interconnects.  Both sets of cables have a detailed, dynamic, and 3-dimensional presentation, but I'll write a few lines about what stood out for me with each set of cables:

Red Wine: Remarkable tone and timbre.  Weighty and full like a good pair of copper interconnects.  Very balanced and organic presentation.

Reality Cables (vampire connectors): Extraordinarily detailed and neutral, neutral, neutral.  Copper cables that have all the benefits of silver without the coloration or edge of silver.

I think both cables are very good indeed and what's best will likely come down to synergy with your speakers, electronics and preferences.

My system:

Powerbook 12"
Cryoparts USB Cable
Red Wine Isabellina
Red Wine 30.2 Integrated
Reality Cables Speaker Cables
Zu Druid Mk4 (2007)
Zu Mini-Method subwoofer

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
Re: Red Wine Interconnects
« Reply #1 on: 6 Oct 2008, 12:01 am »
Hi wilsynet,

Thanks for your post! 

ed Wine: Remarkable tone and timbre.  Weighty and full like a good pair of copper interconnects.  Very balanced and organic presentation.

This was exactly what we were shooting for (the same is true with the RWA speaker cables) - I'm not surprised you are hearing these characteristics as you are using RWA electronics (as we did when selecting the cable design after listening, listening, and more listening)...  :beer:

Thanks again,

Vinnie