data from iPod to Mac

Russell Dawkins

data from iPod to Mac
« on: 3 Oct 2008, 03:23 am »
Hi,

my PowerBook G4's hard drive crashed really hard the other day, making the data un-retrievable even with SpinRite. Fortunately I had been playing with my iPod two days before this happened and experimentally synced all my Address Book data to the contacts list in my iPod.
Does anyone know of a safe and sure way to transfer this from my iPod back to my pristine new hard drive - the one missing the 4500 photos I had before, not to speak of the pretty-expensive-to-set-up recording of the day before?

thanks,

Russell

Toka

Re: data from iPod to Mac
« Reply #1 on: 3 Oct 2008, 05:10 am »
This program may work:

http://www.fadingred.org/senuti/

I say "may" because the photos will only transfer if you had it set up to transfer your photos at full resolution...I'm sure there is another program (one that was available from Apple directly, even) but its late and I'm drawing a blank at the moment. I'll check in tomorrow in case that one didn't do it...there is always a way, and I have people to ask...

Toka

« Reply #2 on: 3 Oct 2008, 05:15 am »
Well my brain fired up one last time before bed...this is the Apple program I was thinking of:

http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/ipod_itunes/musicrescue.html

Don't think that will help with photos...something else will, though...give me a few hours and some coffee.  8)

Russell Dawkins

« Reply #3 on: 3 Oct 2008, 05:28 am »
Thanks, Toka, but the photos are just plain gone - all of them. They were on the fried hard drive.

It is the contacts I want to load back on my Address Book in Mac - they are all on my iPod, but would take me 15 hours to re-enter by typing.

Toka

« Reply #4 on: 3 Oct 2008, 04:17 pm »
Thanks, Toka, but the photos are just plain gone - all of them. They were on the fried hard drive.

It is the contacts I want to load back on my Address Book in Mac - they are all on my iPod, but would take me 15 hours to re-enter by typing.

Ah, gotcha...sorry for the misunderstanding (and for your loss). I honestly don't know the best way to get that info back onto the computer...I'm sure it can be done, just never had cause to pursue it. Do you have an Apple Store nearby?

andrewbee

« Reply #5 on: 3 Oct 2008, 04:34 pm »