YS audio

Vince

YS audio
« on: 15 Jan 2003, 11:02 am »
Found this on the net : Ys-audio.com. Sent them an Email about pricings, to which they replied as follows:

Dear Sir

Thank very much.

I can diirectly sell to you

The Music MK3                     USD$299 ( total with cost of the shipping by airpost)
The Symphonies preamp  USD$377 ( total with cost of the shipping by airpost)

Thank
Chui Chi Wai

Anybody have any experience with this brand? Are these pre-amps any good?

Brad

YS audio
« Reply #1 on: 15 Jan 2003, 01:13 pm »
They list the Symphonies preamp at $995.
That's a pretty good discount to get it for $377 with air shipping.

I don't think you can really go wrong at that price.
Looking under the "projects" section on his website, he's got a really nice 45-based amp.....hmmm...

Vince

YS audio
« Reply #2 on: 15 Jan 2003, 01:49 pm »
I was a bit surprised too at the price they quoted. However, there is no point in buying if it is no good. So far no-one seems to have heard the amps....

Marbles

YS audio
« Reply #3 on: 15 Jan 2003, 03:23 pm »
FWIW, they are selling stuff on Ebay...calling it promotional pricing, or some such thing.

The phono pre amp looks good in the pictures....

doug s.

• makin' music
YS audio
« Reply #4 on: 15 Jan 2003, 03:33 pm »
dunno about their amps (but i'd like to!), but if ya search the archives on the audio asylum, yu'll find a few favorable comments about their pre's...

doug s.

yukiginger

I have the music Mk II
« Reply #5 on: 15 Jan 2003, 04:30 pm »
I bought the Music Mk II as my first foray into tubes and I think it is great.  I have now replaced my old combo with an Anthem Int. 2 so I am going to sell this preamp.  I don't know the difference between the mk II and what he is now selling as the mk III, but they look the same.  Let me post an ad in the trading post.  This is a great way for tube newbies to try tubes, in my opinion.

Mark