FS: Onix/Melody SP3 MKII (Lots of Pics)

04dgmsilv

FS: Onix/Melody SP3 MKII (Lots of Pics)
« on: 29 Sep 2008, 11:16 pm »
Up for sale is my Onix SP3 MKII integrated amp (A Stock, ~35 wpc).  I am the original owner of the amp and would rate it at 8/10 on the 'audiogon' scale.  Included are the original manual and all packaging (double boxed, lots of foam).  The slight downgrade to an 8/10 is due to a imperfection in the paint on the transformer covers (the last pic tries to show this).  I've had two of these amps over the past few years and while they are excellent, there is a reason they can be sold at the prices at which they are.  This is exactly as how it came from the factory.  I still consider it's condition to be very good to excellent.

This little amp is well know by most at this point (tons of glowing reviews out there, Google away, ToneAudio, Enjoythemusic, 6moons, Affordable Audio, etc.).  I have had it for about two years, primarily driving Onix Mini Stratas in my A/V system.  For the past 6-8 months it has been packed away however and I have not found a use for it.  Trying to free up some cash for some other audio acquisitions, so it's up for sale.

Tubes Included:  I have done some tube rolling in this unit, but I currently run the following, which will come in the amp when shipped:
Preamp: 12AX7 - Telefunken Smooth Plates (Used, Matched - Tested Excellent)
Phase Inverter: 12AU7 - 1960's Brimar
Driver: 6922 - Stock (Electro-Harmonix)
Power: 5881 - Tung Sol (1955/1956, Used, Matched - Tested Excellent)

I also will include the below tubes for 'free':
QTY 4 - SED 6L6GC
QTY 3 - Stock 5881 (1 died on me)
QTY 2 - Groove Tubes 12AX7 - Mullard Reissue (matched)

Terms: $475 plus shipping (prefer Fedex Ground/Insured, tubes will be shipped in a separate box).  Split paypal fees or MO accepted.

Location: 19810, Box is about 24" x 24" x 18" and weighs ~55#.

Thanks,
Dan

Pictures:

04dgmsilv

Re: FS: Onix/Melody SP3 MKII (Lots of Pics)
« Reply #1 on: 12 Oct 2008, 01:01 pm »
Sale Pending!