Lorelei's in the house

recsq

Lorelei's in the house
« on: 27 Sep 2008, 07:46 pm »
Greetings well I hooked up with Klaus to pick up my new Lorelei's yesterday and I'm quite pleased right out of the box they sound great bas is awesome detail very good can't wait until I get them fully broken in.

golfugh

• Dead Can Dance - Into the Labyrinth
Re: Lorelei's in the house
« Reply #1 on: 27 Sep 2008, 07:58 pm »
Congrats, pictures??

recsq

« Reply #2 on: 27 Sep 2008, 08:03 pm »

recsq

« Reply #3 on: 27 Sep 2008, 08:08 pm »
Oh yeah another thing, if you've met him this is not news but Klaus is a great guy and a pleasure to do business with. I mean we hooked up about halfway between Chicago and Indy (just so he could hand deliver the goods - his idea). I mean how many company owners would do this?

golfugh

• Dead Can Dance - Into the Labyrinth
« Reply #4 on: 27 Sep 2008, 08:12 pm »
Nice speakers!  I'm also a Klaus customer, amps and pre.  He is awesome to work with.
Mark

bunky

« Reply #5 on: 27 Sep 2008, 09:30 pm »
Lorelei's are speakers to hang onto for life! congradulations....WCW III

byteme

« Reply #6 on: 3 Oct 2008, 05:41 pm »
Oh yeah another thing, if you've met him this is not news but Klaus is a great guy and a pleasure to do business with. I mean we hooked up about halfway between Chicago and Indy (just so he could hand deliver the goods - his idea). I mean how many company owners would do this?

I did the same with mine when I bought them.  The first pair UPS destroyed - well, not destroyed but both speakers had their substantial crossovers ripped off the bottom, numerous nicks, scratches in the cabinets.  So he suggested we meet south of Gary (I'm north of Milwaukee by 45 minutes).  Can't beat the customer service, I agree with you there.  And the product?!?  Silly good.  The Lors are probably the biggest bang for the buck product he's got.  Love mine as I'm sure you will yours.

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #7 on: 3 Oct 2008, 08:18 pm »

I did the same with mine when I bought them.  The first pair UPS destroyed - well, not destroyed but both speakers had their substantial crossovers ripped off the bottom, numerous nicks, scratches in the cabinets.  So he suggested we meet south of Gary (I'm north of Milwaukee by 45 minutes).  Can't beat the customer service, I agree with you there.  And the product?!?  Silly good.  The Lors are probably the biggest bang for the buck product he's got.  Love mine as I'm sure you will yours.

UPS destroyed 2 pairs of my Lorelei's,,,,it got so bad Klaus built plywood boxes and freighted them to me. :thumb: So I'm not surprised he'd rather hand deliver them if possible. I have 2 pair of Lorelei's for my main/rear loudspeakers and I echo bunky's sentiments as I've had mine 4 years now and I have no intention of ever letting them go. Tip: Sistrum Stands 004 & Jim Goulding's Diffractionbegone woolie's for getting the most out of the Lorelei's for music. (what works for me in my system) Wink2

Congratulations on your purchase. Here's receq's setup (hope you don't mind):

Cheers,
Robin

lazydays

« Reply #8 on: 4 Oct 2008, 05:42 pm »

I've only heard three speakers that I could live with till one of my ex's finally gets me planted
* my Odysseys
* Maggies
* Meadowlark Blue Herons
gary

recsq

« Reply #9 on: 4 Oct 2008, 08:18 pm »

UPS destroyed 2 pairs of my Lorelei's,,,,it got so bad Klaus built plywood boxes and freighted them to me. :thumb: So I'm not surprised he'd rather hand deliver them if possible. I have 2 pair of Lorelei's for my main/rear loudspeakers and I echo bunky's sentiments as I've had mine 4 years now and I have no intention of ever letting them go. Tip: Sistrum Stands 004 & Jim Goulding's Diffractionbegone woolie's for getting the most out of the Lorelei's for music. (what works for me in my system) Wink2

Congratulations on your purchase. Here's receq's setup (hope you don't mind):

Cheers,
Robin

No I don't mind thanks for the tip on the Sistrum stands. The day after I got them set up using the cones Klaus gave me the left one tipped over on its own  :( (well that's at least what my daughter told me). Thank god for thick carpeting. I promptly order a set of outriggers from Soundocity. I installed them last night and I'm pretty pleased with both the look and the sound. :D Anybody need a slightly used set of Audio selection cones?

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #10 on: 4 Oct 2008, 08:24 pm »
If you had issues with those cones, you definitely don't want Sistrum Stands as that simply doubles instability. Being single it's not an issue with me.

Cheers,
Robin

recsq

« Reply #11 on: 4 Oct 2008, 08:32 pm »
Oh by the way here's the new look

timind

• permanent vacation
« Reply #12 on: 4 Oct 2008, 09:23 pm »
Those are beautiful! The outriggers look great also. I had a pair of Meadowlark Audio Kestrel IIs and used the Soundocity outriggers in lieu of Meadowlarks wooden bases. Congrats and enjoy.

Eduardo AAVM

« Reply #13 on: 5 Oct 2008, 06:37 pm »
Look great !

Unfortunately for me, I have to move speakers to the correct place when listening and then return speakers to a more room friendly position, maybe I will reach a shop here and ask them to build a low profile base with wheels that when in position I can simply deploy the spikes and retratct the wheels (would be like some heavy machinery, they roll but when in place they use a hidraulic feet)

dangerbird

« Reply #14 on: 5 Oct 2008, 06:46 pm »
Absolutey beautiful speakers.  :thumb: Hopefully one day I can get my ear on a pair.