Washington DC Area Audiophile Club meeting for October 25th

jeff_cp

We have scheduled the next DC Audiophile Club meeting for October 25th at 2 pm at Command Performance AV in Falls Church, VA. 

New members are always welcome.

This meeting will feature Oracle Audio (http://www.oracle-audio.com/).  Rusty Taub from Audiotion (http://www.audiotion.com/) will be demonstrating the following Oracle products:
•   The Delphi MK. V Turntable with SME arm and Thalia Cartridge
•   SI 1000 Integrated Amplifier
•   CD 1500 CD player

You are welcome to bring your favorite music.

If people want to bring snacks / drinks to share, that would be great.

The address and contact info for Command Performance AV is below:
7105 Marbury Court
Falls Church, VA 22046
703-532-7239
www.commandav.com
jeff@commandav.com

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at: jeff@commandav.com.

-- Jeff

DTB300

Jeff,

Thanks for a nice day of new music, discussions, and the opportunity to hear an all Oracle setup on the front end. 

I realize it was "Oracle" day, but it would have been interesting to compare some other manufactures to it. But I also realize there is only so much time.

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
Man,

I am really sorry I missed it.   :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
I had to do a Colonial Williamsburg tour for my aunt who I had not seen in 33 years. 

Jeff,  I would like to come by some time and listen to your set up.  I have the same set up with a Koetsu Rosewood Sig. You are also welcome to come and listen to mine.  I am just down the road in Vienna.   I am sorry I missed Rusty too.   :roll:

doug s.

• makin' music
damn - i am sorry i missed it as well.  i coulda gone, if i'd had a reminder...   :?  hopefully, next time, someone will send out a reminder a few days before an ewent...  oh well, no one to really blame but myself...

doug s.

ricmon

Did anybody know about this gathering.  I'm on this sites most days and this one got by me  :evil:

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
Did anybody know about this gathering.  I'm on this sites most days and this one got by me  :evil:

You should put MAAC on your favorite list.  I normally peruse the default front page but I make it a point to check my favorite circles page at least once a day just to make sure nothing gets by me.  aa

Scottdazzle

I guess I was the only lucky MAACer to make it to this event.  Jeff has an amazing assortment of high end gear in a very good sounding (i.e. lots of effective room treatments) room.  Unlike most MAAC gatherings, this one featured one outstanding system with the Oracle/Usher/JPS rep Rusty serving as master of ceremonies.  In addition to the featured Oracle and Usher BE10 system was an astonishing ss phono preamplifier hand-made by Doug (not DougS). I'm sorry I don't know the last names - so shoot me.  This pre was fully balanced, capacitor free, and a bunch of other good things that Doug can explain if he reads this.  In any case it is neutral, open, quiet, clear and has superb spatial qualities.

Jeff and Rusty both pointed out that member feedback is a crucial element of any successful audio club meeting.  I suggest a joint  :thumb: MAAC/WAC gathering with some sort of shootout as the focus.  One topic of discussion was feet/footers or feeters  :lol: as Rusty calls them.  This is the sort of thing that could be evaluated fairly as the only variable in an otherwise consistent system.  Spikes, pads, or wood blocks anyone?

dorokusai

• Polk Audio Customer Service
    • Polk Audio
How does one get on this list?

Mark

Scottdazzle

How does one get on this list?

Mark

Email Jeff@commandav.com

ricmon

Jeff and Rusty both pointed out that member feedback is a crucial element of any successful audio club meeting.  I suggest a joint  :thumb: MAAC/WAC gathering with some sort of shootout as the focus.  One topic of discussion was feet/footers or feeters  :lol: as Rusty calls them.  This is the sort of thing that could be evaluated fairly as the only variable in an otherwise consistent system.  Spikes, pads, or wood blocks anyone?

Funny you metion these isolation devces.  I just recently got tweak-itis and put some steel cone footers under my TT motor and was suprised at the results.  Inner detail took a nice step forward from this small and inexpensive tweak.

Ric

DTB300

Re: Washington DC Area Audiophile Club meeting for October 25th
« Reply #10 on: 29 Oct 2008, 07:29 pm »
I guess I was the only lucky MAACer to make it to this event.  Jeff has an amazing assortment of high end gear in a very good sounding (i.e. lots of effective room treatments) room.  Unlike most MAAC gatherings, this one featured one outstanding system with the Oracle/Usher/JPS rep Rusty serving as master of ceremonies.
I would have liked to hear other components in this setup specifically replacing the Oracle amp and DSA Phono Pre to be able to have a comparison or a baseline on how good or poor they were performing.  There was plenty of these "others" sitting around in the room.

In addition to the featured Oracle and Usher BE10 system was an astonishing ss phono preamplifier hand-made by Doug (not DougS). I'm sorry I don't know the last names - so shoot me. 
DSA Phono One

Scottdazzle

« Reply #11 on: 30 Oct 2008, 06:37 pm »
DTB300,

Are you the designer of the phono preamp we listened to? If so, many congratulations!  I agree that switching out some of the other components would have been great. I had to leave after a few hours so I don't know what I missed  :(.

DTB300

« Reply #12 on: 31 Oct 2008, 01:04 am »
DTB300,  Are you the designer of the phono preamp we listened to? If so, many congratulations!  I agree that switching out some of the other components would have been great. I had to leave after a few hours so I don't know what I missed  :(.
I am not the designer.  I just took lots of notes on components and source being played.   Basically all day was play vinyl, play CD, play vinyl, play CD, etc. etc.

One of the best things about sessions like this is the new music and artists you hear. 

wje

« Reply #13 on: 22 Nov 2008, 09:29 am »
Shoot.  This one really blew by me.  I was doing quite a bit of election work during this period of time and didn't catch the post.

However, I can vouch for Jeff, his equipment, offerings, etc.  I wish I could mortgage the house to buy some of that fine gear - though, there's not much equity in the property at the current moment.  :roll: