Quality of Nextgen sockets on 9SE

Dogill

Quality of Nextgen sockets on 9SE
« on: 22 Sep 2008, 07:20 am »
I can't believe how flimsy the plastic sleeve on the Nextgen sockets is - even normal finger-tightening seems to break them easily.

Albireo

Re: Quality of Nextgen sockets on 9SE
« Reply #1 on: 22 Sep 2008, 02:58 pm »
Do you mean WBT Nextgen or Eichmann Cable Pod binding posts? I find it difficult to imagine that the WBT could be overcranked under any condition. I will say that the sort of pressure I have seen some people apply to Eichmann binding posts to be frankly way over the top. It's not a he-man competition with post wrenches! Furthermore that completely defeats the point of the superior-sounding Eichmann design. I personally find the tactile feedback of the Eichmann posts to be excellent, and stop when I encounter resistance. Never had a broken Eichmann post, ever.

A pet peeve, if I may: the people who use a pipe wrench to "attach" cables to amps/speakers probably have no idea how fragile the wire on the other side is and how tenuously (just a dab of solder) it is attached to the post.

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #2 on: 26 Sep 2008, 11:21 am »
We have been quite unhappy with the WBT Nextgen RCA plastic ring
Log a help desk ticket or email support and we can send you extra ring (don't PM me :)).
We can some replacement rings request from time to time but it is not a big problem.

When you insert the RCA connector, try not to twist in from side to side. You should twist it in a spiral movement to insert or pull out.

Jason

Dogill

« Reply #3 on: 5 Oct 2008, 05:12 pm »
Ah maybe the problem was with my Transparent interconnects which have to be locked by turning anticlockwise

Caar

« Reply #4 on: 5 Oct 2008, 10:20 pm »
I had the same problem - 1 plastic ring broken - and I use Supra Anniversaire interconnets.
Really, the problem is with the rings - they are too fragile.
Nice that Nuforce is ready to send new ones for replacement but real solution would be new, stronger plastic (metal?) rings.

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #5 on: 6 Oct 2008, 10:08 am »
WBT has a copper ring for the Nextgen RCA but according to their design philosophy, less metal is better.