ModWright News: New factory/facility, New Amp, RMAF 2008 and not much sleep....

kenreau

Ludicrous Speed Mod (from one of my faves, Spaceballs)
Nice reference, Ted

How about Warp Speed Mod? or Light-Speed Mod?

I am still pulling for SuperSonic, but want to throw some others out there.

I do like the Warp Speed Mod sound  :D

Maybe something along the lines of MWI TP Truth Mod with True Warp Speed PS Mods  :scratch:

or, another tangent.... MWI TP Truth Mod with premium Ne Plus Ultra PS. aa

Dan - is this new PS enhancement going to be a new standard for all future TP's, or a premium upgrade option?

modwright

Hi Ken, in the 'space' them of things, I may call it the Hyper-Drive or Hyper-Space mod.

It will become standard as part of new mods and will increase the mod price.  It will also be available as an upgrade to existing customers of course.

I have also considered the option of adding Bybee purifiers to the mod or offering it as an option.  The bybees would only be in the power supply and would likely be installed at the AC mains, supplying the upgraded analog stage PS.  I would like to hear what interest there is in this also.  I have not tried it yet, but I know that our past mods that included AC power bybees consistently met with approval.

Please give me your feedback.  It is all welcome!

Dan

mateo

Depending on the cost of the upgrades, I would suggest keeping the baseline mod, so that there's still a "budget" option available.

Matt

rydenfan

Dan, I would certainly be interested in exploring the Bybee option.

Dan, how about the Infinity Mod?

IronLion

I would be interested in the Bybees as well but agree that there should be two tiers of upgrades for those not interested or able to afford it. 

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
I would be interested in the Bybee option as well, but agree with others in suggesting it be a choice and not a requirement.

George

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
I agree that there should be a minimal set of options, like:
* stock upgrade
* PS upgrade
* Bybee option

Any more and it gets too confusing, and too problematic at the production end.

modwright

Thanks guys and agreed on all counts.  I will of course offer the standard mod at the current price.  There will then be an upgrade with and without the Bybee purifiers.

Thanks again for your input!

Dan

Jeff M

Remove message please :duh:.

schw06

Dan,
   I just purchased your unit with the upgraded power supply and I'm interested! Hopefully it hasn't shipped out yet.
Dave

rydenfan

Dan,
   I just purchased your unit with the upgraded power supply and I'm interested! Hopefully it hasn't shipped out yet.
Dave

The Transporters are not available for sale yet with the new option  :scratch: . Dan stated it still needs to go to the Beta testers to ensure all is good.

jwes

I had two reactions on reading about the Bybee upgrade.  First was awesome!!!  javascript:void(0);  I've read some great stuff about them.

Then I caught a glimpse of their pricing javascript:void(0); and it was a bit more Yikes!!

Hopefully something can be done with these in the reasonable realm of the cost of the TP.  Loving mine by the way!!!