ModWright News: New factory/facility, New Amp, RMAF 2008 and not much sleep....

rydenfan

Bring on the pics! I will certainly update the thread as pics become available. Perhaps we may even want to begin a dedicated thread here for the amp?? any chance of some internal shots? I am sure folks would love to see all of the hardwork that has gone into the new amp.

SCompRacer

First of all, I want to give credit to my photographer -

Dan, I never mentioned this to you before, but I am an amateur photographer.  I’d be happy to shoot pics of your amp!  (I’ll need two; one for the woofers and one for the panels).  Oh, and toss in a 36.5 and I’ll shoot that too. :lol:

Congrats on your new amp and factory!  High marks on the looks of the amp too.

modwright

Thanks for the photography offer ;), but Marco Prozzo is my man for that.

Take care,

Dan

modwright

I will get the desirable shot from Marco and email it to you for upload.

I can also take some amateur internal shots to give you guys an idea of the build quality.

Take care,

Dan

jonwb

Thanks for the photography offer ;), but Marco Prozzo is my man for that.

Must've been tough getting him out of the pool as a kid!  Sorry, I'm bad  :oops:

Seriously, that's a sharp looking amp Dan.  Very nice details w/ the machining (I love how the little corner chamfer on the faceplate continues down the length of the amp).  More importantly, I sure it sounds great as well...  Best of luck w/ the exciting new changes w/ your company!

Timo

I know I am jumping the gun a bit here, but I can't wait for the monoblocks to follow! aa

modwright

Well, while we will offer monoblocks in the future, the current stereo amps CAN be strapped in mono also.

Thanks,

Dan

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
Dan....

See what happens when you don't get much sleep...you build a cool looking...excellent sounding amp. :wink:

Dan's was a pretty active room...in fact many rooms were using his preamp in their systems. I liked what I heard...both vinyl and music files...

Guess the only thing left for Dan to build is speakers...because he's got everything else "covered".... :thumb:

Nice job Dan.... :beer:

rydenfan

I talked to a friend of mine over the weekend who was very, very impressed by the new amplifier  :thumb: I hope to see more details and pics surface soon.

kenreau

Excellent to read the glowing RMAF reports.  I've combed the usual show report postings ($phile, ETM, AC) but have not seen any MWI room photos.  Anyone aware of pics posted yet?  What speakers were being used in Dans main room?

Thx
Kenreau

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
Dan used custom black Studio Electric speakers.  The sound was very good.  I got a chance to run the room on Sat while Dan was being interviewed by countless press.  The Transporter and Sony modded 9100  sounded great via the 2 box 36.5 and the incredibly gorgeous KWA amp.

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
Excellent to read the glowing RMAF reports.  I've combed the usual show report postings ($phile, ETM, AC) but have not seen any MWI room photos.  Anyone aware of pics posted yet? 

kenreau

Re: ModWright News: New Amp, RMAF 2008 and not much sleep....
« Reply #32 on: 15 Oct 2008, 06:43 pm »

Kudos to jnr, this was posted on AAsylum as part of his RMAF photo tour.

Looks like a fantastic set up.  "Amplified" "Pleasure".   aa Very nice (in my best Borat accent).  Great job Dan!

Kenreau

rpf

Gorgeous rack and stands of equipment.  :drool:

I want to hear what an all Modwright system sounds like. I do, I do.   :banana piano:

rydenfan

I want to hear what an all Modwright system sounds like. I do, I do.   :banana piano:

That makes two of us  :thumb:

modwright

Thanks guys, a lot going on.  The first production run will be out as soon as I get the chassis from the machinist.  We did two sets of chassis protos before we were satisfied and even then there were small things to change before we made the first run.

Reception from the show was excellent, regarding both aesthetics AND sound.  Alan Kimmel and I are very pleased with its performance and of course we will make monoblocks and an integrated at some point in the future.  The current amp IS bridgeable in mono already.  The monoblocks will be EVEN larger physically and will have more power.

Today I am implementing a new upgrade into the Transporter mod....more on this once I fully test and evaluate the 'turbo' upgrade ;).

Thanks,

Dan W.

rydenfan

Today I am implementing a new upgrade into the Transporter mod....more on this once I fully test and evaluate the 'turbo' upgrade ;).

Thanks,

Dan W.

:thumb: :thumb: :drool:

funkmonkey

Can't wait to find out what treats that "Turbo" mod may offer!  :thumb:

...wait a minute, that means I have to save up some more money!  :duh:
 :wink:

Bigfish

Can't wait to find out what treats that "Turbo" mod may offer!  :thumb:

...wait a minute, that means I have to save up some more money!  :duh:
 :wink:

Ditto! :bawl:

Ken

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
Thanks guys, a lot going on.  The first production run will be out as soon as I get the chassis from the machinist.  We did two sets of chassis protos before we were satisfied and even then there were small things to change before we made the first run.

Reception from the show was excellent, regarding both aesthetics AND sound.  Alan Kimmel and I are very pleased with its performance and of course we will make monoblocks and an integrated at some point in the future.  The current amp IS bridgeable in mono already.  The monoblocks will be EVEN larger physically and will have more power.

Thanks,

Dan W.

Dan,

Is it safe to assume that units already in the field will be upgradeable?

George