Easy to install Acoustic Treamtent for Ceiling?

biz97

Re: Easy to install Acoustic Treamtent for Ceiling?
« Reply #20 on: 19 Sep 2008, 05:59 pm »
I have been looking into the EZ Anchors and they look very easy to use.  Did anyone have any problems using just an Anchor/Drywall installation?  The weight of the panels has me a bit worried  :|.

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #21 on: 19 Sep 2008, 06:08 pm »
The panels aren't that heavy. 

We have people hang them from decorative plant hooks all the time.

Bryan

biz97

« Reply #22 on: 19 Sep 2008, 06:12 pm »
Awsome.  Just wanted to make sure.  I have been reading/hearing a lot of great things about EZ Anchors. Now I just need to find a decent hook to use with them.

max190

• Home of the St. Louis Cardinals!
« Reply #23 on: 19 Sep 2008, 06:40 pm »
I still have the spare 244s.  The wife and I agreed that a different color would be better for the ceiling than black.  I may sell the other 244s to a person locally that has expressed interest.  I initially ordered just one but changed the order to get two.  I have ordered single items in the past.  The only downside is shipping costs are the same due to the dimensions of the box.  However, I have limited storage space and the extra cost was of lesser impact than the storage requirements for a few extra pieces.

Byron, thanks for the info.

Good luck

biz97

« Reply #24 on: 20 Sep 2008, 05:11 pm »
Just wanted to post an update.  I decided to stick with black for the ceiling panels so my wife and I were able to get everything set up last night.  The anchors work like champs.  I am going to switch out the color of the back brown panels to black to make a more consistent look.  Going to do some listening tonight.  Thanks again to everyone on this thread.
 :thumb:

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #25 on: 20 Sep 2008, 05:43 pm »
Just wanted to post an update.  I decided to stick with black for the ceiling panels so my wife and I were able to get everything set up last night.  The anchors work like champs.  I am going to switch out the color of the back brown panels to black to make a more consistent look.  Going to do some listening tonight.  Thanks again to everyone on this thread.
 :thumb:

FWIW, I positioned my Furutech Room Tuning Panel @ the 1st reflection point on the ceiling between my main loudespeakers where I thought the panel would have more of an impact on reflecting sound waves than positioning it directly over the sitting area as you have. Not to critical but I don't see that much of an impact happening from your positioning, especially taking into account all the treatment you have on your rear wall. Very nice room btw. :D

Cheers,
Robin

bpape

• Industry Participant
« Reply #26 on: 20 Sep 2008, 06:22 pm »
The thing is that with an 8' ceiling, your seated ear position is pretty close to 1/2 the height and you can get a big peak around 70Hz.  Placing panels directly overhead can help to minimize this.

Bryan

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #27 on: 20 Sep 2008, 06:25 pm »
The thing is that with an 8' ceiling, your seated ear position is pretty close to 1/2 the height and you can get a big peak around 70Hz.  Placing panels directly overhead can help to minimize this.

Bryan

I would think that 1st reflections would be the thing you're looking to address but you are the expert here. Thanks for the clarification Bryan. :D

Cheers,
Robin

bpape

• Industry Participant
« Reply #28 on: 20 Sep 2008, 06:36 pm »
Reflections can certainly be addressed though it's a different thing than what we're trying to accomplish here.  Many times, for 2 channel, people prefer diffusion at the first reflections on the ceiling.

Bryan

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #29 on: 20 Sep 2008, 06:48 pm »
Reflections can certainly be addressed though it's a different thing than what we're trying to accomplish here.  Many times, for 2 channel, people prefer diffusion at the first reflections on the ceiling.

Bryan

Which is what I used for my room. Guess I wasn't totally offbase but I really don't have anything other than my ears to verify any realtime facts for my room. :dunno: :D

BTW, I love my GIK table trap and am thinking about ordering another if i can get it unfinished. :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin

bpape

• Industry Participant
« Reply #30 on: 20 Sep 2008, 06:51 pm »
Glad you like the table Robin.  I'm sure we can work something out  :wink:

Bryan