B&W CM4 floorstanders, $800 obo, located in Manhattan SOLD

opaqueice

SOLD

Bowers and Wilkins (B&W) CM4 speakers in pale maple.  Original retail price somewhere upwards of $1,600 according to the interwebs.  Reluctantly selling as I've just upgraded to much more expensive speakers and don't have space for them.

Single owner, purchased new from authorized B&W dealer in New Jersey 3 years ago, always used with high-quality amplification and sources.  Cosmetically almost perfect (a few very small indentations along the edge of one of them), sonically as new.  They look very good - clean, modern, beautiful wood.  Pics here: http://ha4.seikyou.ne.jp/home/jon/Theater/Speakers/BW_CM4.jpg with the grills off(or google B&W CM4, image search).  Pics of my pair available by request.

The sound is very good - in my opinion well above most new speakers at the original price point (I've auditioned many).  Bass is full and solid with no boom, midrange is liquid and warm, highs precise and clear but never shrill.  Overall very well balanced.  Small footprint and clean look goes well with any decor.

I'd greatly prefer a local transaction (I don't have the original boxes - try storing those in a NYC apartment!), but you might be able to convince me to ship.  Please respond by personal message or by posting here.
« Last Edit: 18 Oct 2008, 06:06 am by opaqueice »