Got a new Iphone 3G with 8 GB and I feel as if I am the first man on the moon

Bemopti123

I had a Samsung sidekick I for about 1.9 years and it was slowly dying with sporadic dropped called or even having the phone shut down during conversations.  So, I passed by the AT&T store to check the deal with the Iphone.  It took me around 30 minutes to get all the parts, including AppleCare.  While I do not believe in buying extra insurance, I did feel it worth it especially for such expensive device ($199 in an age of free cellphones, is expensive in my books.) 

Going back to the device, while I have seen many Iphones especially the MKI, it is one thing to see it in action in other person's possession than having you own.

Youtube, which looks like junk within regular computer experience, actually is very speedy and jitter free in the Iphone.  The newer model also sports speakers which seem to be louder than the ones in my old PB G4 12."  The quality of the video, especially in the cinema or widescreen mode is eminently watchable, especially if you are going somewhere.

Furthermore, the apps are simply amazing.  While many are for sale, many are free.  Pandora streaming is unbelievable, search artists and it gives you entire listenable tracks as well as similar type of artists from the original request.  The streaming is extremely smooth and I wonder whether apps like this are what is giving AT&T and its network problems with overextended use and drop outs. 

The clarity and sharpness of the screen is commendable.  Makes my former cellphones look like stoneage devices in comparison to the Iphone. 

What is amazing about the Iphone is the smoothness of the OSX...being that it is OSX and not Windows Mobile, one of the WORST OS I have ever experienced, especially in terms of glitchness and awkwardness of execution. 

The Ipod aspect of the device also hold pleasant surprises.  The visual based menus and touch interaction seems to distance it light years to the future than previous Ipods.

So, there is what I experienced so far.  A revolutionary way of doing smartphones and internetting along with the latest tactile MP3 player experience, all for the price of other more lamer smartphones.   :thumb:

PS:  This little device hold so many variables that I am sure to spend the next couple of weeks tweaking with it to personalize it to my tastes and internet tendencies.

Paul K.

SET Man

Hey!

Paul, congratulation on your new iPhone. :D

It should work seamlessly with your Mac. It will be at least a year from now until I could consider buying an iPhone. Why? Well, I still have one more year of contract with Sprint.  :icon_lol:

Take care,
Buddy :thumb:

wilsynet

If you have a USB DAC, and you want to use your PC or Mac as a transport, the Apple iPhone / iPod Touch both make great remote controls with the free Apple iTunes Remote program.

http://www.macworld.com/article/134453/2008/07/remoteapp.html

Bemopti123

I tried the Remote app and it works flawlessly.  Thanks for the suggestion.

Buddy, you should move your service over to get the Iphone.  It is an amazing device.

BTW:  The only bummer I have is that my older MacMini still has Panther and the Iphone as well as newer Itunes updates ONLY work with Tiger and above.  This has forced me to connect the Iphone to my laptop which has Tiger but lacks the major Itunes ripped library that resides in my MacMini.  I might be forced to get a family install pack for LEOPARD.  Buddy, this means that you might be forced to even purchase a computer as Leopard will only work with Mac that are at least G4 and with 1 mhz speed.   :?

SET Man

BTW:  ... Buddy, this means that you might be forced to even purchase a computer as Leopard will only work with Mac that are at least G4 and with 1 mhz speed.   :?

Hey!

Ahhhh.... life in the digital age. My 1G PowerBook G4 with OX 10.3.9 still works well... a bit slow but at the moment I still get all the things I need done on it.

The computer is becoming obsolete because of new gadgets and new  programs, but not because of it is getting older and falling apart.

Well, look like I've been forced more and more everyday to get new computer soon to keep me plug-in in this digital world :roll:

Take care,
Buddy :thumb:

Levi

Here you go Buddy.  No need to upgrade your iTunes. 

Pwnd 2G iPhone. :)