What speakers have synergy with Nuforce amps?

schw06

What speakers have synergy with Nuforce amps?
« on: 13 Sep 2008, 02:12 pm »
I have a pair of vintage KEF 104/2's that still beat almost everything I hear under $5000 but have decided to begin looking for a new reference speaker up to $5k new/used that has synergy with the Nuforce 9sev2 amps. Thanks for the suggestions!
Dave

JohnToste

Re: What speakers have synergy with Nuforce amps?
« Reply #1 on: 13 Sep 2008, 03:52 pm »
Hello, I'm a dealer for NuForce and Usher speakers (among others.) They're great together.

John Casler

« Reply #2 on: 13 Sep 2008, 04:50 pm »
I have a pair of vintage KEF 104/2's that still beat almost everything I hear under $5000 but have decided to begin looking for a new reference speaker up to $5k new/used that has synergy with the Nuforce 9sev2 amps. Thanks for the suggestions!
Dave

I too am a NuFORCE Dealer and have "happy" clients who have used NuFORCE electronics with:

Wilsons
Nuforce's own S9
NHT
Ariels
Magneplanar
Paradigm
B&W
VMPS

mcullinan

« Reply #3 on: 13 Sep 2008, 05:17 pm »
I have the Supratek Sauvignon tube preamp, Nuforce se v2 and the Merlin VSM MX. They make some of the bet music Ive heard!
Peace.
Mike

rydenfan

« Reply #4 on: 19 Sep 2008, 04:00 pm »
If you love your KEFs then take a look at the new Reference line that has received so much praise.

pewe

« Reply #5 on: 7 Oct 2008, 09:53 am »
I tried the Mark&Daniel Maximus Monitor together with Nuforce P8 an two Ref 9 V2....That was REALLY good. A perfect match with tremendous power and sweet highs. The bass was incredible. Highly recommended.

The amplifiers did get warmer than usual though but I never once experienced that they ran out of steam even with high soundpressures. The Maximus is a very impressive speaker and will probably be my next choice. Can't wait to try out the bigger M&D:s!

Caar

« Reply #6 on: 7 Oct 2008, 12:15 pm »
Im running the P-9+2XRef 9SE V2+ Annalysis Plus cables through Martin Logan Summits and I like it.
Very much.

Prior to this setup I had Kef Reference 105 (previous model) and sound was also - but not so - quite good.
Problem with ML Summits is that they are a pain in the finger to adjust the woofers to the room and to the equipment.
But once it is done it is great.

Caar

« Reply #7 on: 7 Oct 2008, 12:17 pm »
Sorry, meant 205 not 105.

metanoize

« Reply #8 on: 11 Oct 2008, 02:14 pm »
ATC SCM 40 or SCM 35 sound amazing driven by the SE V2 amps.

Philistine

« Reply #9 on: 11 Oct 2008, 04:04 pm »
The 104 was the first speaker I heard that had me picking my jaw up off the floor - wonderful speaker.
I don't have a Nuforce but did test drive one (the first model) with a pair of B&W 803's I used to own, what I remember was the fast and extended bass the Nuforce brought to the party.  Fast forwarding I now have a pair of Salk HT3's, the bass driver is a very fast and goes down to around 20Hz - maybe this would be a good combination? 

beachbum

• Vinyl Delivers all of the Music
« Reply #10 on: 13 Oct 2008, 10:35 pm »
Hello John its been a while we have to get on Jason for a upgrade. All i have been using Tyler Linbrook Signature System floor standers for over 3 years with my through the upgrade process Ref 9 to Se to V2 with the most outstanding of results. Super 3d sound, rumbling bass, mid range and upper end sounds that are clean, clear, crisp and off the chart in resolution. Imaging and sound stage that extends well out pass the width of the speakers. These large speakers disappear.
With superior recordings you would believe that my rig was a 5.1 surround system. Very long music listening sessions with out fatigue, only total music satisfaction.
I am in no way connected to Tyler Acoustics just love the marriage they bring with my Nuforce amps and rest of my system.
« Last Edit: 14 Oct 2008, 11:10 pm by beachbum »

invstbiker

« Reply #11 on: 24 Oct 2008, 03:45 am »
OLD school JBL's  aa

Darthfunk1

« Reply #12 on: 30 Oct 2008, 05:54 am »
The Mark & Daniel Sapphire matches so well on my set up (Nuforce P-9 and Ref 9V2SE).  :D
Speed, transparency, dynamics and a whole load of bass! :thumb: Do hear them out if you have the chance.
Check out David Kan's review on 6moon on the M&D and nuforce. http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/markdaniel4/topazsapphire.html

timothyharnett

« Reply #13 on: 23 Nov 2008, 05:10 am »
Of the speakers that I've tried, the Spendor BC1 was my favourite.  I didn't like the SP1 with 9.02 but they're ok with 9SE V2 which are more natural sounding.  LS3/5a work very well.  They have seemed to make the most of 'difficult to drive' speakers in my system.

What I've also found is that the amps tend to dominate the speakers somewhat and that differences between speakers are less marked than with other amps.  I tried some Linn Komponent speakers which are lower budget than my current LS3/5a V2 and which I wouldn't have expected to sound as good but with the Nuforce, they sounded pretty good.  On my Aura PA200 amp (not inferior to the Nuforce in certain ways), the differences between the two types of speaker were much more marked and the Komponents came off badly.

Very much IMO, obviously.

WerTicus

« Reply #14 on: 23 Nov 2008, 02:37 pm »
Any good speaker? :)  Your real problem is going to be getting the best value for your money at the tricky 5k price point.  Lots of speakers cost 5k some worth 500 bucks some giant killers.

The nuforce will drive anything.

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #15 on: 23 Nov 2008, 08:52 pm »
Obviously there are lots of high-end speakers costing > $5K that will work well with Nuforce.  For good value for money, we like Mark & Daniel.  We are also considering making a LS3/5a clone to price it around $750 (a pair). Not release date yet.

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #16 on: 23 Nov 2008, 09:42 pm »
Pat (Rx8man) brought over his NuForce amps, 9V2SE I think, to my house last spring and they sounded very nice with my 4 ohm power-hungry SP Tech Revelations.  Didn't give anything away to my then-current McCormack DNA-500's.  Very impressed, albeit a short 1 hr demo.

timothyharnett

« Reply #17 on: 24 Nov 2008, 01:51 am »
Obviously there are lots of high-end speakers costing > $5K that will work well with Nuforce.  For good value for money, we like Mark & Daniel.  We are also considering making a LS3/5a clone to price it around $750 (a pair). Not release date yet.

LS3/5a and Nuforce are a very happy mix.  They benefit from an amp with a very pure top end and good grip - traditionally high powered valves.  I also like Mark & Daniel a lot though I've been looking at Monitor PL100.

Dogill

« Reply #18 on: 24 Nov 2008, 06:54 pm »
9SE V2 excellent with Quad 2805

linnea

« Reply #19 on: 26 Nov 2008, 07:57 pm »
I tried my IA-7 v2 with:

JBL L36 (9/10)  :thumb:
Tannoy Cheviot (7/10) :D
Sterling ls3/5a V2 (6/10) :nono: (but I think that New Stirlings have not original BBC sound...)
Apertura Thema (9/10)  aa :bounce: :angel:

relative ballots to the speakers potentialities

« Last Edit: 28 Nov 2008, 03:37 am by linnea »