Vintage PS Audio Moving Coil Amp

Tubes 4 Ever

Vintage PS Audio Moving Coil Amp
« on: 12 Sep 2008, 12:48 am »
Found this during some house cleaning. Can't find the power supply but as I recall it was a pretty simple thing. A little detective work and you should be able to come up with one. the picture shows some scratches that are reflections from the flash. It worked great before I stored it. Take it home for $35 shipped lower 48, paypal OK with the standard 3% fee.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
Re: Vintage PS Audio Moving Coil Amp
« Reply #1 on: 12 Sep 2008, 01:36 pm »
Ok, I'll bite.
Let me do some research on what's required for a PS first.
Not a full fledged "commitment to buy", but a good solid interest in the unit.
If I commit, I can write a check today. If Paypal is the only way, it'll be a few days for transfer of funds from the checking account to the Paypal account.

I'd like to be first in line, but if someone shows up with "cash in hand", I'll step aside.

Bob
{Thanks to the little birdy that gave me the heads up on this ad.}  :wink:

Tubes 4 Ever

« Reply #2 on: 12 Sep 2008, 02:31 pm »
Bob do whatever you want. For you bro, paypal,check,cash,first born///////////just let me know

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #3 on: 12 Sep 2008, 03:52 pm »
Cool beans man, thanks!

Although, the little birdie that told me about this ad is second guessing whether I have MC or MM type carts on my AR-XA. So now I'm not even sure if I can use this unit.
I'll admit my knowledge of all things that relate to vinyl wouldn't fill a thimble. I don't have a clue what I have, what I'm doing or what I need. "I don't know to get there from here", as they say.
Let me get my head out of that dark place, and I'll let you know.

In the mean time, please don't let me prevent you from selling this to somebody that wants it now.
We'll just call this a little 'bump' for your ad as opposed to somebody making a truly worthwhile post.  :wink:

Bob

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #4 on: 12 Sep 2008, 03:55 pm »
is this a step up, designed for use w/a riaa mm preamp?  or is this a stand-alone riaa mc preamp?

thanks,

doug s.

Tubes 4 Ever

« Reply #5 on: 12 Sep 2008, 04:04 pm »
I always used it with my pre through the phono inputs but it has been more than a few years since I used it and I am over 50  :oops:

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #6 on: 12 Sep 2008, 04:07 pm »
never mind.  i found my answer doing a web search.   :green:  it seems this is a step-up transformer, not an riaa fono stage.  it should take a 24-28vac p/s to run it; ps audio offered a stock iteration at 0.5a, & an upgrade 3a p/s.  one user said he got great improvement upgrading caps, & using the 3a p/s; & he recommended adding a regulated p/s...

doug s., 52...   8)

Tubes 4 Ever

« Reply #7 on: 27 Sep 2008, 10:40 pm »
Bump