Nuforce Stereo 8.5V2 and P-8S shipping by end of September

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
We are please to announce the P-8S and Stereo 8.5V2 amplifier

P-8S is an improved version of P-8 (between P-8 and P-9, but closer to P-8) with a 12V trigger out. The headphone amp in P-8 (if anyone notice at all) has been removed. All existing P-8 can be upgraded to P-8S for $500. New P-8S will come with a P-9 style remote control.

Stereo 8.5V2 is 2 x 160W @8ohm, 2 x 200W @4ohm amplifier packed inside a mono amp chassis. Ref 8.5V2 will continue to be supported but discontinued.
Now we have the ultimate systems:
IA-7V2
P-8S + Stereo 8.5V2
P-9 + Ref 9SEV2 or Ref 9V2

Please contact your dealer or Nuforce directly for pricing. Due to international market with different prices (as a result of high shipping cost, custom duties etc), we don't want to announce pricing in the forum.
« Last Edit: 21 Oct 2008, 05:25 pm by nuforce-jason »

stingfan

Re: Nuforce Stereo 8.5V and P-8S shipping by end of September
« Reply #1 on: 11 Sep 2008, 11:27 pm »
This is a great way for P-8 owners that need the volume precision, to get closer to P-9 performance.  Can you provide the P-8S specs. I'd like to know what we get for the $500 beyond the 12V trigger.  Thanks Nuforce!

Where and when can I find the P-8S?  Its not on the Nuforce website yet, nor dealer.  Need specs.
« Last Edit: 27 Sep 2008, 05:27 pm by stingfan »

montag451

Re: Nuforce Stereo 8.5V and P-8S shipping by end of September
« Reply #2 on: 1 Oct 2008, 10:48 am »
thankx jason.

i've got the bad news, right now.
my P8 and Monos 8.5 V2 are discontinued after one year from purchase.
sorry but i think, talking on engineering effort ground,  a good phono MC preamp  would have been mostly appreciated............

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
Re: Nuforce Stereo 8.5V2 and P-8S shipping by end of September
« Reply #3 on: 6 Oct 2008, 10:03 am »
You have to understand Nuforce policy for product support, which I think is better than most manufacturers.

Your Ref 8.5V2 can be upgraded to future V3, to Ref 9V2, Ref 9V2SE so there is no concern there. We decided not to sell Ref 8.5V2 (but if anyone want one, you can still order it) since it is too close to Stereo 8.5V2.

P-8S is essentially the same as P-8 except we reworked the preamp circuit for some improvement and the spec doesn't change.  If you're happy with P-8, there is no point paying $500 extra to upgrade to P-8S.
P-8S is now $1650.  We didn't raise the price of P-8 for 3 years and cost have been increasing.

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #4 on: 6 Oct 2008, 10:22 am »
By the way, the Stereo 8.5V2 can be considered as a mini SE.
It has an enhanced Nuforce proprietary capacitor board, sort of like a mini SE board.

The draw back of having Stereo 8.5V2 as compared to other mono amp is that it can not be upgraded to higher power amp. You can use Stereo 8.5V2 with P-8S or P-9 as a high-end 2 channel system if you don't need as much power as the Ref 9V2SE.

Toka

« Reply #5 on: 10 Oct 2008, 07:23 pm »
Wow...looks very promising!  8) Hope to give this combo a listen sometime soon.

1000a

« Reply #6 on: 4 Apr 2009, 08:55 pm »
By the way, the Stereo 8.5V2 can be considered as a mini SE.
It has an enhanced Nuforce proprietary capacitor board, sort of like a mini SE board.

The draw back of having Stereo 8.5V2 as compared to other mono amp is that it can not be upgraded to higher power amp. You can use Stereo 8.5V2 with P-8S or P-9 as a high-end 2 channel system if you don't need as much power as the Ref 9V2SE.

Hi Jason

Just so I understand the 8.5V2 stereo power amp:

1- can never have its basic RMS watts increased / or peak power increased-correct?
2- it can still receive a V3 upgrade (to improve sound quality) should that come along-correct?
3- any ball park questimate on what a future upgrade price would be on this unit? would it be 1 fee or doubled because it houses 2 amps
4- could you expand a little more on the advantages of the small SE board in the 8.5V2 and how that affects it's sound vs it not having an SE board?
5-is the warranty on the 8.5V2 transferable to a second owner?

thanks a mill,

1000a

1000a

« Reply #7 on: 4 Apr 2009, 09:21 pm »
Jason

Sorry, also I am curious how much sound quality loss is there from the (8.5V2 monos) to the (8.5V2 stereo).

In other words I maybe more interested in still looking for the monos instead, they retailed for 2,500. at most places
(USA) and the stereo is 2,250.  I am curious why the decision, is there very little sound quality loss between the 2 different choices?

thanks again

1000a   

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #8 on: 7 Apr 2009, 01:39 pm »
Going from Ref 8.5V2 to Stereo 8.5V2 is an improvement in sound quality, not loss.
We found that there is little demand for Ref 8.5V2 but some people have been asking for a stereo amp. Therefore we managed to pack a 400W power supply together with two V2 boards and introduce a "mini SE cap board".

Basically if you go with the stereo amp, your upgrade path is limited (can only upgrade to V3, V4, .... in the future) due to the compact chassis. So we try to make the Stereo amp as good as it can be.

Jason