Enclosure recommendation for 12" Goodmans and Coral

vinylbrother

Am a newbie here. Need advise from the experts here. I currently have a pair of Goodmans Triaxiom 212c and Coral 12 tet-1. both in very good condition. Been trying to scour the net for a baffle/enclosure design for these drivers. CAn anyone recommend a good enclosure for these drivers?

Thanks in advance.

Earl

jrebman

Re: Enclosure recommendation for 12" Goodmans and Coral
« Reply #1 on: 2 Sep 2008, 08:42 pm »
Hi Earl,

Welcome to AC and the Single Driver Circle.  Those are some nice drivers you've got there.  Unfortunately I don't have any recommendations for you, but hopefully somebody with the right experience will chime in and at least get you started.

Thanks,

Jim

Scott F.

« Reply #2 on: 5 Sep 2008, 01:33 am »
Hi Earl,

I've got a little bit of data for you. Unfortunately I don't have measured T-S parameters but maybe the manufacturers data might help.

This one is plans for the Coral drivers. You can pick from back loaded horns, bass reflex or sealed cabinet. Unfortunately they dont' have the 12tet1 but the 12L-70 should get you close.

This one is for your Triaxiom. According to Goodmans your box size should be 7800 cu in. With my 15" Goodmans, the enclosure is simply aperiodic loaded. When backed against the wall, you get some of the best bass I've heard out of any speaker. Its deep, extremely tight and uncolored.

Just right click on the pics and save them to your computer, then you can zoom in on them to get a closer look at the small lettering. If the Coral jpg is unreadable, drop me a PM with your email addy and I'll send you the copy I have that's readable.

vinylbrother

« Reply #3 on: 5 Sep 2008, 03:45 pm »
Thanks for the welcome jim.

Scott, this is great. I've been looking for these for the longest time. Really thankful for sharing this with me. Where'd you get this stuff? Anyway, will pm you my email addy. The coral one is a bit blurry and hard to read.

What do you think about the angular spiral enclosures? http://www3.ocn.ne.jp/~hanbei/eng-angular.html Am also considering this as it takes a less floor space. I tried this one on a couple of 4" sony full range drivers and they just beat my fe126 in all aspects. Nice bass too.

Thanks,

Earl