Bent Audio remote kit & the Clarinet

Brinkman

Bent Audio remote kit & the Clarinet
« on: 2 Sep 2008, 03:20 am »
Jim,

Early on in designing the Clarinet you were considering incorporating the Bent Audio DIY remote kit into the design. Did you get far enough in that design that you solved how to power the attenuator motor from the heater power supply? It sure would clean up that extra wiring.

-Brinkman

hagtech

Re: Bent Audio remote kit & the Clarinet
« Reply #1 on: 2 Sep 2008, 07:57 am »
No I never got that far.  Or maybe I just don't remember.  That was awhile ago. 

I've had plans of my own for a remote kit, but who knows when I'll ever get started on that.  Have paper designs for a new phono, new linestage.  Never built my PA-20 20W tube amp (on paper).  Now have a paper design for a guitar amp using PP EL84.  Have schematics mostly done for the CA-10, a phono & linestage with IR remote control.  Also recently started a conceptual look into an ac motor controller for turntables.  Need to sort out a few things first, then set my heading.

jh

MusicMtnMonkey

« Reply #2 on: 2 Sep 2008, 04:17 pm »
The Alp's pot and PCB/IR Remote looks like a very cool device!

My tiny vote for remote kits!  It's annoying when working to have to always move to turn knobs, but it's bearable....

mingles

• my system
« Reply #3 on: 2 Sep 2008, 10:11 pm »
I'd also like to cast my vote for a remote kit. I know it's a luxury item, but so many people are used to having remotes. It may boost your sales.

Bill Epstein

« Reply #4 on: 3 Sep 2008, 06:54 am »
What this country needs is a remote attenuator with 1/2 decibel steps for 100 bucks!

But I'd settle for one that uses the outstanding $35 PEC pot from Digikey. It wipes the floor with the horrid-sounding Alps Blue.

Best of all, tho' would be something affordable, say under $300/kit, with the technology Accuphase uses in its latest integrateds, E-450 and 550. http://www.accuphase.com/model/pdf/e-450_e.pdf AAVA-II

mingles

• my system
« Reply #5 on: 3 Sep 2008, 02:28 pm »
Bill, what's the Digikey part number for the PEC pot?

Bill Epstein

« Reply #6 on: 3 Sep 2008, 06:21 pm »
Here's the page, you want the KKA for stereo:

http://dkc3.digikey.com/PDF/T083/P1895.pdf