STEREOVOX gets MAIL ...

stereovox

• http://www.stereovox.com
STEREOVOX gets MAIL ...
« on: 11 Nov 2003, 06:19 am »
Hi All,

I received permission from Neville to reprint this email letter that he cc'd to me. I have [bracketed] names of competing products and brands, one name and an email address for obvious reasons, and those are the only edits in the letter.

It made me feel very good to read this and I thought that it might be of interest to those who may still be wondering if the HDXV is worth trying out.

This letter was written from Neville to a stateside dealer that he purchased the HDXV from. Here goes:

Dear John,

I am awestruck! The cable arrived on Saturday, 8th Nov., morning. Did you send it to Scotland on a jet chartered specially for me (heh-heh)? The sound of the HDXV is indeed fabulous.

I should explain that, last year, I spent a lot of money on a CD player consisting of Audionet (German) transport and Audio Aero (French) DAC. The U. K. agent for Audio Aero also sells [another brand] cables. He gave me the "hard sell" routine and, against my better judgement, I bought the balanced AES version of [another brand]'s top-of-the-range cable, called SKU name] (£400.00). To say I was disappointed would be an understatement.

This physically large cable had a diffuse, unfocussed, sound - which didn't improve by running in. Earlier this year I replaced it with [brand-X] newly introduced [Brand-X digital cable]. This sells for about £75.00 and was a vast improvement on the [another brand] (I swear by [Brand-X]'s cables which, to my ears, convey the full musical spectrum in a very "unmetallic" way; all my analogue interconnects are [Brand-X] and I often wonder why they appear NEVER to have been reviewed in the American audio press).

When compared with [Brand X's digital cable], HDXV is heard to be simultaneously clearer, more focussed,detailed and nuanced; it even sounds louder! I am extremely pleased at my purchase, thank you. Last night, [Mr. A] (one of my audio pals who also happens to be a telecom engineer) came to listen and was knocked out by the sound of the HDXV; he also appreciated the fine engineering of this product. You can expect to receive an order for another cable, from [Mr. A], tomorrow!

All the best,

Neville
[/b]

I then received the following email from Mr. A this morning:

Hi

Last night I heard the above cable transform a Hi Fi system.

The change was due to your HDXV cable between CD transport and DAC and is the most significant step change in a Hi Fi seperate system I have heard in 20+ years.

Please recomend a cost effective source in either the UK or US

My home e-mail is [blocked]

Regards

[Mr. A]
[/b]

Some of the folks reading this have already gotten their HDXV cables and can relate to Neville's letter very closely - some reading this haven't yet had the HDXV experience and wonder if a $100 cable ($75 until the end of the year!) can really be a Giant Killer.

I hope that by posting these emails I might encourage some of you to try the HDXV in your system. Some of our dealers have failsafe deals - lending libraries or money back guarantees - you can't go wrong to try it out.

Cheers!

Chris Sommovigo

Sa-dono

STEREOVOX gets MAIL ...
« Reply #1 on: 11 Nov 2003, 08:21 am »
It would be kind of nice to know what cable he compared the HDXV to, and the rest of the gear and speakers :sleep:

I'm glad to hear you're getting more positive responses though...

stereovox

STEREOVOX gets MAIL ...
« Reply #2 on: 11 Nov 2003, 04:43 pm »
Quote from: Sa-dono
It would be kind of nice to know what cable he compared the HDXV to, and the rest of the gear and speakers :sleep:

I know it would be, but it is against Audiocircle posting-rules for manufacturers.

End users are always welcome to publish their comparo's, though.

:beer:

Cheers!

Chris

doug s.

• makin' music
STEREOVOX gets MAIL ...
« Reply #3 on: 11 Nov 2003, 04:56 pm »
Quote from: stereovox

I know it would be, but it is against Audiocircle posting-rules for manufacturers.

Cheers!

Chris

i was yust getting ready to make the same comments sa-dono made, then i scrolled down & read them!   :wink:

if you were given permission to post these emails, why not contact the senders & have them post here?

doug s.

stereovox

STEREOVOX gets MAIL ...
« Reply #4 on: 11 Nov 2003, 05:17 pm »
Quote from: doug s.
i was yust getting ready to make the same comments sa-dono made, then i scrolled down & read them!   :wink:

if you were given permission to post these emails, why not contact the senders & have them post here?

doug s.

I will suggest to Neville that he check out the cirlcles - good idea. I'll also give him the URL of this thread in case he's interested.

Cheers!

Chris

Sa-dono

STEREOVOX gets MAIL ...
« Reply #5 on: 11 Nov 2003, 10:57 pm »
Quote from: stereovox

Cheers!

Chris

Well technically it would still be Neville giving the comparison :mrgreen: But yes..what I was getting at was I would much rather he join and post the impressions himself..so everyone can hear his thoughts straight from the source, and possibly ask questions. Hope he does make it over here :D

stereovox

STEREOVOX gets MAIL ...
« Reply #6 on: 12 Nov 2003, 06:49 pm »
Well technically it would still be Neville giving the comparison :mrgreen: But yes..what I was getting at was I would much rather he join and post the impressions himself..so everyone can hear his thoughts straight from the source, and possibly ask questions. Hope he does make it over here :D

I've extended the invite to Neville - hopefully he'll make it over.

Cheers!

Chris