CI VDA 2 - Dac Review glowing review in Tone Audio!

saisunil

CI VDA 2 - Dac Review glowing review in Tone Audio!
« on: 28 Aug 2008, 03:02 am »
Jeff wrote an amazing review for VDA2
http://tonepublications.com/MAGPDF/TA_017.pdf
Page 113

Congratulations!

CSI

Re: CI VDA 2 - Dac Review glowing review in Tone Audio!
« Reply #1 on: 28 Aug 2008, 05:32 pm »
I was hoping to be the first to congratulate Dusty on this great review but you beat me to it. I think any of us who own this terrific DAC will agree that it really delivers. It is amazingly musical (there's that illusive word again) and, price-wise, punches way above it's weight. The VAC.1 PS, while not a necessity, adds enough extra to justify the small additional expense.

Steve.

Re: CI VDA 2 - Dac Review glowing review in Tone Audio!
« Reply #2 on: 26 Sep 2008, 08:33 pm »
I have to say that the VDA 2 was the icing on the cake to my recent system upgrade.   What started out as a speaker upgrade ended up being a complete system upgrade, the VDA 2 being the last addition.   After acquiring a new amp and preamp it was clear that my CD player was now the weak link.  Unfortunately my budget was 1k max on a new source component so I started looking at DACs rather than a new player.  I have had several Audio Alchemy dacs and a CAL Alpha dac in the past so I knew my money would be better spent on a dac than a new player, besides my current player a Sony DVP 9000ES SACD/DVD isn't that bad and would do well as a transport.  After doing some research I was ready to pull the trigger on a PS Audio DAC III however I had learned that they had just changed production from Boulder CO to China, no thanks.  I'm sorry but I just couldn't do it, $1000 for something that now costs PS about 1/4 to manufacture in China.  Then I read about CIAudio and the VDA 2.  Everything I read on the VDA 2 was positive so I figured why not try one.  I'm glad I did, it's the greatest bang for the buck audio purchase I've ever made. The VDA 2 is right at home in a system where each component cost 3 to 4 times as much.  I can't remember owning a single component that has made me forget about components and just enjoy music like the VDA 2 has.