can anyone speak on the Perreaux Prisma 750 mono ampo's

2bigears

:D  set for sale on the Gon,are these digi amps???? wondering if they would drive a set of SP Tech Revs....they have serious power,but do they have the current ??? ampless in Canada,need more power......thks :D  searching for a arc welding mono's,,,,,anyone,ideas.... :duh:

Double Ugly

Re: can anyone speak on the Perreaux Prisma 750 mono ampo's
« Reply #1 on: 26 Aug 2008, 04:10 am »
The Spectrons didn't work out Pat?  :scratch:

2bigears

« Reply #2 on: 26 Aug 2008, 04:22 am »
 :D  hi Jim,how's things.i am doing my dangest to find a quick buy.i need an amp now.Spec boys will take bout a month or 6 weeks.gotta be more amps than what they have.like to try different things.how's the move going ?? :D

Imperial

• Love keeps us in the air, when we ought to fall.
« Reply #3 on: 26 Aug 2008, 12:49 pm »
Perreaux is a firm from New Zealand.
They are sort of like "from the pro amp sector"  - Sort of like
ATC, FM, Quested,
Class A/B I believe. Solid state all the way with these boys.
I suppose these are in the arc welder category...  aa
Quite powerfull indeed! xlr input is something like just a couple of Kohms so one would
have to account for that..

You wanna buy these just to get along until you get other amps you say?  :o
Well, go ahead and buy them then, I'm sure they will be... quite good indeed!
Evidently they don't have superdeep soundstaging, but they are said to have frighteningly strong dynamics..
So I guess that is also good then!

Edit; Yup here is the 750's page at the Perreaux site.

Imperial
« Last Edit: 26 Aug 2008, 08:54 pm by Imperial »

2bigears

« Reply #4 on: 26 Aug 2008, 01:38 pm »
 :D thks for the reply Imperial.i see there is a big bad BAT 600 just up on the Gon.little more money though.that big BAT is said to be very good also, hummmmmm.amp-less in Canada :scratch: :D

Double Ugly

« Reply #5 on: 26 Aug 2008, 01:56 pm »
:D  hi Jim,how's things.i am doing my dangest to find a quick buy.i need an amp now.Spec boys will take bout a month or 6 weeks.gotta be more amps than what they have.like to try different things.

Ah... understood.

how's the move going ?? :D

It isn't yet, but it's getting closer.  Looks like we'll be closing in 1-2 weeks.

We filled the first of many, many boxes to come a few nights ago, so I suppose that's a landmark of sorts.  However, the one I'm most looking forward to is the emptying of the last box.

I believe I've moved somewhere in the neighborhood of 20 times in the past 28 years, so the move itself holds no fascination whatsoever.  :(

rydenfan

« Reply #6 on: 26 Aug 2008, 03:26 pm »
WOW Jim, that is a ton of moving! I absolutely hate moving. I could not imagine packing, unpacking, and organizing that many times.

Double Ugly

« Reply #7 on: 26 Aug 2008, 04:49 pm »
WOW Jim, that is a ton of moving! I absolutely hate moving. I could not imagine packing, unpacking, and organizing that many times.

It definitely belongs under the "Better you than me" category of events.  It wasn't so bad in the early years, but I've had my fill.

Never say never, but I plan to make this my last residence.

2bigears

« Reply #8 on: 27 Aug 2008, 12:26 am »
 :D  wow Jim.lotta moves,you gotta be happy on the 'coda' move  :thumb: talking on the Musical Fidelity KW750 now on the Gon.you can weld with that bad boy.and,it is said to sound good also.might give her a try.... :D

Double Ugly

« Reply #9 on: 27 Aug 2008, 04:08 am »
:D  wow Jim.lotta moves,you gotta be happy on the 'coda' move  :thumb:

True 'nuff.  It'll definitely be a new experience only moving ~20 miles.

It would be even nicer if I wasn't doing it/paying for it all myself.  I have entirely too much... stuff.  :(

talking on the Musical Fidelity KW750 now on the Gon.you can weld with that bad boy.and,it is said to sound good also.might give her a try.... :D

I've heard good things about the KW750, but I've never had an opportunity to hear one.  It'd be interesting to know how the pairing sounds, and especially how the MF compares with the Spectron.

I can't say I care for the aesthetics, but I'd love to A/B a couple of these with a Spectron pair.  The company prez (AmpDesigner333) posts here now and seems to believe his amps are as good as any extant. 

I may contact him after the move is finished and I have my fiscal wits about me again to see about putting his assertions to the test.  :wink: