How to get Squeezebox to receive itunes library from my MAC

geowak

Hey Squeezebox gurus HELP!!!

I have just hooked up a Squeezebox 3 to my stereo. It recognizes my wireless router, but WILL NOT recognize my itunes library. The library is in an external HD. Everything I have done from having the player rescan the server (it just displays a scroll wheel and states it is rescanning the library) to re-setting up the software to even rebooting the player, the computer and the HD. Nothing works. What should I do, or where should I go for help with set-up via MACINTOSH, ITUNES, WIRELESS ROUTER.

Thanks in advance

mcullinan

Re: How to get Squeezebox to receive itunes library from my MAC
« Reply #1 on: 25 Aug 2008, 12:38 am »
Do you have the slimserver software running?
Mike

geowak

« Reply #2 on: 25 Aug 2008, 01:22 pm »
Yes. It is registered and I have gone through the menus. Could it be that the HD is not in the directory path? Right now, the display on the SB states it is unable to
connect to the computer directory (as it shows up on the display) So I know the router is providing a gateway to the computer and the computer pathway is seen to Itunes directories.

How can I get the external HD into the pathway?

mcullinan

« Reply #3 on: 25 Aug 2008, 01:33 pm »
Is the Use Itunes Clicked on the Server? Do all the songs come up in the browser when you check the server?
Mike

Crimson

« Reply #4 on: 25 Aug 2008, 02:05 pm »
Yes. It is registered and I have gone through the menus. Could it be that the HD is not in the directory path? Right now, the display on the SB states it is unable to
connect to the computer directory (as it shows up on the display) So I know the router is providing a gateway to the computer and the computer pathway is seen to Itunes directories.

How can I get the external HD into the pathway?

By default, OSX does not enable sharing of external drives. Go to System Preferences > Sharing and make sure File Sharing is checked, then add the external drive to the Shared Folder list, then set the appropriate permissions. Also, in Slimserver, retype the path after setting the external drive as a shared folder. This should, hopefully, do the trick.

geowak

« Reply #5 on: 26 Aug 2008, 09:15 pm »
Crimson and Mcullinan

Thanks for the tips. Seems as though slimserver did not download completely, thus preventing a proper interface between the SB 3 and the computer. I can see the files scanning in squeezecenter to the SB 3 now. I will let you know what happens.