Major rackage needed!

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
Major rackage needed!
« on: 9 Nov 2003, 09:06 pm »
Now that I have all these components to deal with and 5 amps, I really need a better solution. The 40" Sony sits in the middle of it all, which is the real problem. I will have to split my stuff into two racks. The Sony's glass shelves were never a good solution.

Not sure how I am going to handle this. I will also be adding to subs to the mix in the front!

bubba966

Major rackage needed!
« Reply #1 on: 9 Nov 2003, 09:10 pm »
Don't know what you're looking for style-wise, or what you'd care to spend.

But Boltz has plenty of nice stuff that'd work for you.

I ordered a MM-252 from them and am very happy with it. Unfortunately I've got to order the add-on as I've already got it almost filled.

At some point I'd also like to get the LD shelving. But that's a bit of cheese that I don't have handy at the moment... :(

Marbles

Major rackage needed!
« Reply #2 on: 9 Nov 2003, 09:49 pm »
Contact Michael Barnes re: getting his marble shelf racks shipped (not planed) to you.  

I got two of them shipped at the same time and very much like them.

Here is Pan with one of mine.

warnerwh

Major rackage needed!
« Reply #3 on: 10 Nov 2003, 05:03 am »
Making a copy of a Salamander to your own specs is fairly easy and strong.  Also it's not real expensive. I built one using one sheet of finish plywood cut into 2'x4' pieces. The tv sits on top and leaves six adjustable spaces for stuff.  Still not enough room as my CIA dac has to sit on the top with my tv but you can build it any way you want for cheap compared to what they want for them new. I've noticed alot of people have done this. It's interesting because I went to a high end store looking for racks and saw the Salamander and decided to build my own not knowing it was so common.

JoshK

Major rackage needed!
« Reply #4 on: 10 Nov 2003, 01:53 pm »
I don't know what your price range is or how handy you are but if I were going prefab I would look no further than the Usher rack on Response Audio's site. It is all wood, gorgeous and cheap.

jqp

• Volunteer
Major rackage needed!
« Reply #5 on: 10 Nov 2003, 04:27 pm »
I would love marble or granite but I can't justify 2400 for two marble racks (plus shipping)! They are a little tall and wide for my needs. Maybe I will get norh to quote on custom size racks...

Those maple racks do look interesteing too. Great price! Maybe I could put a marble slab on each shelf...

And salamander shelves are also a good possibility.

Thanks for the input and keep it coming!

PhilNYC

Major rackage needed!
« Reply #6 on: 10 Nov 2003, 05:59 pm »
You might want to keep an eye on the Billy Bags website (www.billybags.com)...they seem to have a lot of stuff in their blow-out section at decent prices (stuff that is slightly modified from their stock specs, but maybe a customer changed their mind prior to taking delivery)...

rosconey

Major rackage needed!
« Reply #7 on: 10 Nov 2003, 08:29 pm »
axiom had some sweet racks for half price-www.axiomaudio.com

jqp

• Volunteer
Major rackage needed!
« Reply #8 on: 10 Nov 2003, 09:49 pm »
Yes they do look interesting!

lkosova

• http://www.AutomatedHomeandBusiness.com
Major rackage needed!
« Reply #9 on: 11 Nov 2003, 03:33 am »
I am going to order two  www.avrak.com tommorow. One will be an av rak and one will be an avtrack.  

If these look interesting to you I have connections at the company. So the price will be less.

larry

jqp

• Volunteer
Major rackage needed!
« Reply #10 on: 12 Nov 2003, 04:11 pm »
Those are nice - the ultimate in built in convenience. I have admired those kinds of racks for years. When I get another house I may look into those.

vpolineni

Major rackage needed!
« Reply #11 on: 15 Nov 2003, 04:28 am »
jqp,
check out this website
http://www.stereoracks.com/
they seem te be of high-quality (solid wood instead of mdf or plywood) and the prices are the lowest i've seen.  They even custom-build racks to your specificatons.

Marbles

You asked for it :-)
« Reply #12 on: 15 Nov 2003, 04:36 am »

Marbles

here's some more..must be the Blantons....
« Reply #13 on: 15 Nov 2003, 04:40 am »

Marbles

Some more..
« Reply #14 on: 15 Nov 2003, 04:42 am »

And my favorite....

bubba966

Major rackage needed!
« Reply #15 on: 15 Nov 2003, 05:28 am »
:mrgreen:

That's exactly the kind of "rackage" I could really use. Where does one accuire "rackage" like that? :lol:

Marbles

Major rackage needed!
« Reply #16 on: 15 Nov 2003, 05:37 am »
Well, these pictures were actually emailed to me by a member here...

but if you want more than pictures, I'm afraid you have to get out of the theater into the real world.

Lately I have seen some amazing things at the local pysch ward of the local hospital  :o   Wish I were kidding but I'm serious  :wink:

Yesterday was day 9 for a friend of mine..I went to visit her and she told me of another neighbor I had growing up (think tall blond and fully loaded 8)  ) that went through the same program and more because of a cocaine addiction and over protective parents...she's been divorced 3 times..I just found out where she works (5 minutes from my office)..I think I have to go visit her.

Damn I have a weakness for the wild ones  :mrgreen:

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
Major rackage needed!
« Reply #17 on: 15 Nov 2003, 06:08 am »
Excellent "Racks" Marbles !! :hyper:   Look's like they could give my equipement a strong and steady hold !! Been waiting for some new pictures - any pictures for the upcuming holiday season ? :lol:  (This thread should Really rack up the numbers count :lol: ).

lkosova

• http://www.AutomatedHomeandBusiness.com
Major rackage needed!
« Reply #18 on: 15 Nov 2003, 02:29 pm »
i would like to be a dealer for those!!

Larry

Marbles

Major rackage needed!
« Reply #19 on: 15 Nov 2003, 06:05 pm »
I shouldn't post when I'm drunk!  

If anyone thinks those racks would be more appropriate in the Sports bar, I would gladly move them.

No one has mentioned it, but if I offended anyone with those pics being in the Home theater circle, I am sorry.