Pioneer Elite VSX-80TXV Home Theater Receiver ---- SOLD!

diofan56

I am the original owner of this receiver.  It was purchased at Audio-Video Logic in Urbandale, Iowa.  They are an authorized Pioneer Elite dealer.

Why am I selling this receiver?  I am going to upgrade my system.

The following description is taken from the Pioneer web site:

Here's your ideal introduction to the highly connected world of high-definition entertainment. This supremely robust, and surprisingly affordable, Elite A/V receiver puts an array of audio and video sources entirely at your command. Six digital inputs include two HDMI inputs for all-digital, one-cable connections for high-definition 1080p sources, like tomorrow's Blu-Ray Disc® content. Just plug and play, and experience lossless signals without the tangle of wires. This Elite receiver even plays well with older S-Video and composite video, converting both to component video for easy connection to your HDTV or monitor.

Digital content, like you've never experienced before

Home theater isn't just for movies anymore. This Elite receiver delivers digital satellite radio in 5.1 channel surround-sound glory. Enjoy content in XM-HD Surround powered by Neural Audio® via an XM Connect & Play antenna (available separately)*. Or connect this receiver to your iPod® portable player using an IDK-01 dock (available separately) and enjoy your music, photos, and videos through your home entertainment system. And with Pioneer's new patent-pending Sound Retriever technology, compressed audio formats are delivered to your ears in near-CD quality clarity.

Elite Performance

This Elite receiver puts you in the center of 110 watts of THX® Select2™-certified surround sound, distributed across as many as seven speakers. Dual 48-bit Freescale® processors are the brains behind all the receiver’s enormous multi-channel sound processing. Eight advanced concert and cinema surround modes, plus Dolby® Digital EX, DTS® ES, and DTS 96/24 decoding, wrap you in incredibly rich, detailed and true-to-life surround sound. Once your multi-channel content leaves the digital processing stage, Pioneer's sixty years of amplifier design and innovation takes over with low-impedance, high-current, Advanced Direct Energy amplifiers to deliver a high-fidelity sonic performance you'll want to hear over and over again.

Home Entertainment: Customized and Automated

To have complete command of your high-definition home entertainment experience, some customization is required. No worries; Pioneer's Advanced Multi-Channel AcoustiC Calibration System (MCACC) with Phase Control automatically calibrates all your connected speakers, recreating unprecedented audio fidelity in your home. Simply place the included microphone in the room's sonic sweet spot, and let Advanced MCACC do the rest. Professional custom installation gets simplified as well. With the help of the Pioneer's Custom Installer on-line resource, RS-232c and IR remote control codes can be easily downloaded to make it simple for custom installers to add and program third party IR receivers, repeaters and touch pad remote controls for multiple components in multiple rooms in the house. So you can play a movie in one room, and listen to music in another — all through your Elite receiver. With a built-in 12-volt trigger this system can even be configured by your installer to dim the lights when you are ready to watch a movie.

This receiver has an incredible number of features.  The following specs are taken from the Pioneer web site:

Power
Amplifier Design    Direct Energy
Surround Power    110 Watts x 7 (20Hz - 20kHz, 8 ohms, .09% THD)
Stereo Power    110 Watts x 2 (20Hz - 20kHz, 8 ohms, .09% THD)

Audio Processing
Digital Engine    Dual 48-Bit Freescale DSP
Room Calibration    Auto MCACC
Phase Control    Basic
Sound Retriever    Yes
Advanced Surround Modes    8
THX Select2    Yes
Dolby(R) Digital EX    Yes
DTS-ES    Yes
Dolby(R) Digital 5.1    Yes
DTS(R) 5.1    Yes
DTS NEO: 6    Yes
Dolby Pro-Logic IIx    Yes
iPod Digital    Yes
Neural Surround for XM-HD    Yes
WMA-9 Pro Decoder    Yes
Virtual Surround Back    Yes
Headphone Surround    Yes
Dialog Enhancement    Yes
Midnight Listening    Yes
Loudness    Yes
Auto Signal Select    Yes
Stream Direct    Yes
Analog to Digital Conversion    96Khz / 24-bit
Digital Analog Conversion (DAC)    192 kHz / 24-Bit

Video Processing
Video Converter - Component    Yes
HDMI 1080P Video Transfer    Yes

Convenience
On-Screen Display    Yes
FL Dimmer    Yes
Remote    LCD Learning
Multi-Zone    2 zone
Multi Operation    Yes
Amplifier Assign    Yes

Connectivity
HDMI Inputs    2 (Pass-Through)
HDMI Output    1
Component Video Input    3
Component Video Outputs    1
S-Video Input    5 (includes front)
S-Video Outputs    1
Composite A/V Input    5
Composite A/V Output    1
XM® Satellite Ready    Yes
Analog Audio Inputs    3 (includes tuner)
Analog Audio Outputs    1
Digital Inputs    6
Digital Outputs    1
Multi-Channel Input    7.1
Audio Pre-Output    7.1
Headphone Output    Yes
Multi-Room and Source Output    2 Zone
12 Volt Trigger (Device Assignable)    1
Front A/V Inputs    Yes
AC Outlet    Yes
SR+    Yes
IR In/Out    Y

Construction
Front Panel    Urushi
3-D Space Frame Design    Yes
Heavy Duty Speaker Terminals    Yes

Warranty
Warranty    Elite 2 Year Warranty

Dimensions
Dimensions (inches)    16.54 x 6.81 x 18.35 (WxHxD)
Weight    33.1 lbs.

This receiver will only be sold within the United States.

The price is $300.00 plus shipping.  Shipping costs are getting pricey so I am going to set the shipping at $50.00.  If shipping is less than $50.00 I will refund the difference.  If it is more than $50.00 I will catch the excess.

PayPal is okay if your address is verified but a Money Order from the United States Post Office is preferred.

If you have any questions please contact me.

Dave
« Last Edit: 27 Aug 2008, 01:44 am by diofan56 »

diofan56

Re: Pioneer Elite VSX-80TXV Home Theater Receiver ---- SOLD!
« Reply #1 on: 22 Aug 2008, 09:10 pm »
SOLD!