Older Bryston 2B-LP Pro

rob80b

Older Bryston 2B-LP Pro
« on: 17 Aug 2008, 02:58 pm »
Picked up an older 2B-LP Pro (20 + years) just for fun and nostalgic reasons (it was my first Bryston) to power some surrounds directly from my OPPO, I’m not really big in HT yet so with the on board gain controls of the 2B-LP PRO I can just adjust the levels manually without the use of a separate processor, seems to work ok.
Question, sent an inquiry off to Mike at Bryston for the cost of an overhaul, maybe to upgrade the transformers (Plitron?)  and caps etc, anyone one here ever follow the same route?

Robert

Hififreak

• www.brystonheritage.com
    • www.hififreaks.nl
Re: Older Bryston 2B-LP Pro
« Reply #1 on: 13 Sep 2008, 08:17 am »
Recently I (living in Holland) bought in Germany this pre-power combination.
Sixteen years old and it makes music!

When it works, enjoy it.  8)

denjo

« Reply #2 on: 14 Sep 2008, 02:45 am »
Hififreak

Wow, thanks for the photos of your Vintage Bryston pre and power. I must say it looks very good and considering it still makes music after 16 years, Bryston's 20-year warranty is no hype!

I like the faceplates, they have a kind of retro look. The Bryston logo has not changed all this time.

Enjoy!

Best regards
Dennis

GreatDane

« Reply #3 on: 4 Oct 2008, 12:48 pm »
I have 2 of the original 2B's that were manufactured in 1979 (I believe). They still work great expect for the green LED on one is burned out, and one the amps recently developed a transformer hum.

Using them bridged to (currently) drive a pair of Paradigm Atom v5. They sound awesome.

nickelbut10

« Reply #4 on: 4 Oct 2008, 01:42 pm »
HiFiFreak - is that a .5b Pre Amp. Thats the only other .5b that looks as good as mine. Mine doesn't even have a scratch on it, and it appears that yours does not either. Bravo bud.

Congrats on the 2b purchase sir, you will love it. Old or new, Bryston is Bryston IMO.

Hififreak

• www.brystonheritage.com
    • www.hififreaks.nl
« Reply #5 on: 5 Oct 2008, 07:02 am »
It's a 0.4B with balanced outputs.

Four years ago I bought this set (0.5-2B).
I sold the set but I missed it.  :oops:

When I saw the 0.4-2B set in Germany  :drool: I decided to buy it!

No regrets at all.  :thumb:

dukasound

« Reply #6 on: 3 Nov 2008, 02:49 pm »
Hi
I am owner of one old 1B preamp and I would like to use 2B-LP.

What is a procedure of biasing for 2B-LP or B60. I found on Bryston site but for old 2B.
Thanks
Duka