Warner extras, lame?

bubba966

Warner extras, lame?
« on: 9 Nov 2003, 07:58 pm »
Is it just me, or are the extras on Warner DVD's kinda lame?

Reloaded seemed a little light on stuff. Lots on the SFX, but otherwise lacking.

Terminator 3 seems to be more of the same. Plenty on the SFX, but otherwise lacking.

Not that Warner has ever been much of one for extras in the past. But now that they seem to be doing 2 disc sets, it'd be nice if they were worth it for the extras. Hell, the 2 disc sets are better IMO mainly because they're not in the damn snapper cases... :evil:

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
Warner extras, lame?
« Reply #1 on: 9 Nov 2003, 08:04 pm »
I almost never look at the extras, so I can't really say.  I didn't watch any of the Reloaded extra stuff.

As a weird Matrix aside, I saw a reveiw online (MSN home page) criticising the newest Matrix flick as the final nail in the coffin of the "franchise."  They thought the 2nd one was bad but the 3rd one was even worse.  To me that's a head scratcher; I thought the first was was a amusing but someone pedestrian scifi flick, but the second boardered on brilliant, much better than the original.  

Oh, well.  Go figure.

Carlman

Warner extras, lame?
« Reply #2 on: 9 Nov 2003, 08:10 pm »
Quote from: Rob Babcock

As a weird Matrix aside, I saw a reveiw online (MSN home page) criticising the newest Matrix flick as the final nail in the coffin of the "franchise."  They thought the 2nd one was bad but the 3rd one was even worse.  To me that's a head scratcher; I thought the first was was a amusing but someone pedestrian scifi flick, but the second boardered on brilliant, much better than the original.  

Oh, well.  Go figure.

Maybe MSN is similar to MS software?  Unreliable.

Just a thought.

Dean

Warner extras, lame?
« Reply #3 on: 14 Nov 2003, 12:10 am »
Paramount are notoriously stingly with special features, I mean they still think Scene Access is a special feature and thats all you can usually expect from them!  :lol:

bubba966

Warner extras, lame?
« Reply #4 on: 14 Nov 2003, 03:52 am »
Ahh yes, the Scene Access "special feature". Gotta love that one along with the Full Frame Version "special feature", the Animated Menus "special feature", and so on.

But yeah, Paramount isn't so hot on special features. I know that they're starting to work on new editions of discs that actually have extras, just as Warner is doing.

Hopefully Paramount doesn't follow Warner's lead though. While Warner does a great job on SFX featurettes, the rest of their extras are pretty lame.

Dean

Warner extras, lame?
« Reply #5 on: 14 Nov 2003, 10:23 am »
Yes agreed, and I would also agree with others and say 20th Century Fox and Universal are the best studios for special features that really make a difference.