Anyone prefer ss preamp with 9SEV2 amps?

schw06

Anyone prefer ss preamp with 9SEV2 amps?
« on: 16 Aug 2008, 09:48 pm »
 I would love to find a preamp that mates well with the 9SEV2 amps that I can leave on all the time. I am assuming the only real option is ss preamps but I am definitely open to hear people's experiences. Thanks in advance for your suggestions. Obviously, the p9 is a logical answer so other opinions are appreciated.

toocool4

Re: Anyone prefer ss preamp with 9SEV2 amps?
« Reply #1 on: 17 Aug 2008, 08:20 am »
I use the Spectral DMC-15 a bit pricey but work’s very well with the 9SE V2’s. They are fast which goes well with the 9SE V2’s, which are also very fast.

Check out Spectral www.spectralaudio.com

Chris

dspringham

« Reply #2 on: 17 Aug 2008, 03:30 pm »
You may want to check out a passive TVC. I've used the new Bent Audio TVC (with Slagle autoformers) with my Nuforce 9.02's.

Obviously being passive there is no circuitry to warm up. I just left the Nuforce amps on all the time and simply fired up (woke up from sleep mode) my iMac music server - instant tunes.

I thought (in my system) that the TVC performed well sonically. Very fast, great transparency, dynamics - everything was there. Of course, noise was non-existent. No special power cords or tuning tweeks required.

Provided you have enough gain from your front end (and reasonable efficient speakers) there is plenty of range on the volume control (Bent has 1 db increments on the volume control).

Just a thought.

Dave

beachbum

• Vinyl Delivers all of the Music
« Reply #3 on: 17 Aug 2008, 04:31 pm »
I've gone the tubed route. Using a Audio Horizons 2.1 balanced edition. I have upgraded the tubes and really enjoying my Ref 9 SE V2s and system with it. Music is fast, holographic, and very airy with a super bottom end. I have stopped playing the gear swapping and cable game. I now am truly enjoying my favorite music.