A Few Questions For James

roadtonowhere08

A Few Questions For James
« on: 15 Aug 2008, 06:23 pm »
First time poster here, but a very long time fan of Bryston.  I have finally been able to get my hands on an almost new 4b SST from a seemingly very honest person from the music industry.  He bought the amp from an authorized retailer, Vintage King Audio, and although he did not have the original physical sales receipt, he had them pull up the sale and e-mail it to him.  He then forwarded it to me so that I have an electronic copy of the sale.  He then sent the amp to me in the original Bryston box.  I have a few questions regarding my purchase:

1. According to Bryston's warranty, you need to have an original box and an original or copy of the sales receipt with the serial number in order to ensure the validity of the warranty.  The copy of the sales receipt from Vintage King Audio does not have the serial number on it.  Will this be okay to satisfy the warranty requirements, or do I need something more from the seller and/or Vintage King Audio?  Vintage King Audio said they would

2.  The original box that the amp was sent in is intact, but it I am not sure that it would survive another shipment should the amp need service.  Is there a way that I could pay Bryston for another original empty box with foam inserts?

3.  This last question is more or less for my own curiosity.  I like to take pictures of the insides of my amps just for fun and to compare them, but I do not modify them.  I have the tools to open the top of the amp, but I want to know if doing so would void by warranty.  If it would, are there any existing pictures of the 4B SST insides that I could access so I would not void my warranty?

Thank you in advance for your info and help.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: A Few Questions For James
« Reply #1 on: 15 Aug 2008, 06:31 pm »
First time poster here, but a very long time fan of Bryston.  I have finally been able to get my hands on an almost new 4b SST from a seemingly very honest person from the music industry.  He bought the amp from an authorized retailer, Vintage King Audio, and although he did not have the original physical sales receipt, he had them pull up the sale and e-mail it to him.  He then forwarded it to me so that I have an electronic copy of the sale.  He then sent the amp to me in the original Bryston box.  I have a few questions regarding my purchase:

1. According to Bryston's warranty, you need to have an original box and an original or copy of the sales receipt with the serial number in order to ensure the validity of the warranty.  The copy of the sales receipt from Vintage King Audio does not have the serial number on it.  Will this be okay to satisfy the warranty requirements, or do I need something more from the seller and/or Vintage King Audio?  Vintage King Audio said they would

2.  The original box that the amp was sent in is intact, but it I am not sure that it would survive another shipment should the amp need service.  Is there a way that I could pay Bryston for another original empty box with foam inserts?

3.  This last question is more or less for my own curiosity.  I like to take pictures of the insides of my amps just for fun and to compare them, but I do not modify them.  I have the tools to open the top of the amp, but I want to know if doing so would void by warranty.  If it would, are there any existing pictures of the 4B SST insides that I could access so I would not void my warranty?

Hi RTNW,

Welcome to Bryston.

1. We do not need the original shipping box to validate the warranty - we need a copy of the 'original bill of sale' and the 'SERIAL NUMBER' of the amplifier.

2. Yes you can order a new box and foam from Bryston directly.

3. No problem removing the top to take pictures other than safety issues of course.

Hope you enjoy your amp.

james

roadtonowhere08

« Reply #2 on: 16 Aug 2008, 03:10 am »
Very cool.  How would I go about ordering a box?  Thanks for the help.

EDIT:  When you mean serial number, you mean that if I have to arrange to send back the amp for maintenance, you need to know the serial number before shipping from off the amp, or am I missing something?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #3 on: 16 Aug 2008, 10:16 am »

EDIT:  When you mean serial number, you mean that if I have to arrange to send back the amp for maintenance, you need to know the serial number before shipping from off the amp, or am I missing something?

Hi

Contact Mike Pickett at Brysron for the box -- mpickett@bryston.ca

You MUST have a bill of sale with the serial number on the bill of sale and the dealer purchased from to qualify for warranty.  When we sell an amplifier the serial number is assigned to the specific dealer so you must match the serial number to the dealer who purchased the amp as shown in our records to qualify for warranty.

james

rob80b

« Reply #4 on: 16 Aug 2008, 04:09 pm »

Audioadvisor has a fairly nice shot with the hood up.
http://www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=BY4BSST

Robert

roadtonowhere08

« Reply #5 on: 16 Aug 2008, 05:02 pm »

Hi

Contact Mike Pickett at Brysron for the box -- mpickett@bryston.ca

You MUST have a bill of sale with the serial number on the bill of sale and the dealer purchased from to qualify for warranty.  When we sell an amplifier the serial number is assigned to the specific dealer so you must match the serial number to the dealer who purchased the amp as shown in our records to qualify for warranty.

james

The bill of sale that I received from Vintage King does not have the serial number of the amp on it.  It has the item's model, description, quantity, and price, but no serial number.  How would I go about obtaining something official from them to prove that the amp purchased on that bill of sale was the amp that I now own?  Could I give you the serial and the date that the amp was shipped from the bill of sale to mach them up according to your records?

rob80b:  thanks for the link

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #6 on: 16 Aug 2008, 05:28 pm »
Sure - give me the serial number and I will see which dealer purchased the amp

james

roadtonowhere08

« Reply #7 on: 16 Aug 2008, 06:03 pm »
Serial:  4BSST - 003570
Date:   06 45

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #8 on: 16 Aug 2008, 06:28 pm »

Ok-I will let you know on Monday or Tuesday.

james

roadtonowhere08

« Reply #9 on: 16 Aug 2008, 06:35 pm »

Ok-I will let you know on Monday or Tuesday.

james

Very good.  Thank you very much :D