Difference between Stratos/Stratos Plus/Stratos Extreme

adamaley

Dear people,

I am new to this forum, very much interested in purchasing and Odyssey Stratos Amplifier, however, I am totally confused as to what upgrades constitute each version of this much lauded amp. Could anyone give me a detailed breakdown as to what changes make a Stratos a Stratos Plus, and what changes convert a Stratos Plus to a Stratos Extreme? Now, in my confusion, I have come to believe there may be some variations somewhere in between. I am ready to make the dive into the deep world of Odyssey, I hope some sort of enlightenment can be gotten through this post.
Thanks in advance

Vr3

Re: Difference between Stratos/Stratos Plus/Stratos Extreme
« Reply #1 on: 15 Aug 2008, 07:48 am »
Standard -

(Current Production)

One Power Supply, 60,000 uF - 30,000 per channel, Red Board

"Plus"

One Power Supply, 120,000 uF - 60,000 per channel, still red board

"Extreme"

Two Power Supplies, 240,000 uF - 120,000 per channel, red board

"Extreme II" (As I shall call it)

Generally the same configuration, a better circuit board - twice as thick with far better traces. Which leads to better signal transfer but is harder to work with...

Then of course there is dual mono and mono blocks. Dual mono is basically two "standard" versions in one case. Two power supplies, two sets of 60,000 uF (120 total), two power cords, etc etc

Mono blocks of course are two seperate cases, same thing listed above, just dedicated to one channel.

Older amps will have the same configurations, but the older green board.

A little scatter brained, but insomnia sucks

adamaley

Re: Difference between Stratos/Stratos Plus/Stratos Extreme
« Reply #2 on: 17 Aug 2008, 06:19 pm »
Thanks for the clarification,

E