FS: Jordan Salk Jordan Single Driver custom made speakers MUST SELL

jlathe

These were my Dad's speakers, and he just passed away, so I'm trying to sell off some of his audio equipment to cover funereal expenses.  I don't really know much about these, other than that they were kept in pristine condition, probably never used, and cost $800 new.  Looking to get $650, but will consider all offers.  Thanks

These beautiful speakers are custom made by Salk Sound, Inc. Speakers are Cherry with figured Maple trim, the pictures do not do the speakers justice, they are just beautiful. They have Jordan JX92S drivers. Please feel free to contact for additional pictures

The Jordan single driver features a full-range 5" driver from the E. J. Jordan company of England. This particular bookshelf configuration was designed by Dr. Jim Griffin and was the Open Class winner at the DIY2001 in Atlanta. It features 3db of baffle step compensation resulting in a sensitivity of approximately 85 db. The F3 is 55Hz.

While these speakers will not produce rock-concert volume levels, they are extremely accurate and detailed. And since no crossover is required, there is nothing to interfere with the quality of your audio.

Miney

• Free your mind... and your ass will follow

Beautiful - I'm surprised someone hasn't snatched these up already. 

I wish I had an application.  Good luck.

DMurphy

• Industry Participant
    • SalkSound
These would make particularly good computer speakers.  Although there is no crossover per se, the design does include baffle step compensation, so the overall response is very even with no "blare" in the midrange.  For near-field listening, they're probably about as good as you can do. 

BillB

I own 2 pairs of jordans, they are great speakers! This is a pretty killer deal too, the drivers alone cost over $300 a pair.

I use them as my main 2ch system, they are very detailed.

jlathe

jlathe

Sold