The Bank Job

jimdgoulding

The Bank Job
« on: 13 Aug 2008, 07:37 pm »
Oh, the proverbial s___ gets deep in this.  A group of friends get drawn into a bank job by English actress Saffron Burrows but there is much going on beneath the surface here.  It seems that there is more in the bank vault than anybody knew, including Ms. Burrows.  Speaking of Saffron Burrows, what a face.  First saw her in "Enigma", an excellent rental for you and you can't take your eyes off of her in that.  Well, there is more than just one sub plot going on in this.  If you like a little intrique in your movies, I think you might find this enjoyable.  It's a period piece, too, alledgedly 1970's London.  Jolly good fun!

The_KiD

Re: The Bank Job
« Reply #1 on: 13 Aug 2008, 07:44 pm »
I really enjoyed this movie as well. Great story and in the 70's to boot..

Well worth the price of admission..

-Chris

mcullinan

« Reply #2 on: 13 Aug 2008, 07:55 pm »
Yes! This was a great movie...
Jason Statham has the ultimate B movie library going, I love his stuff. Crank was another goodie, all tongue and cheek. Anyways a fun movie.
Mike

anthony a.

« Reply #3 on: 2 Jan 2009, 10:36 pm »
yup, liked the ending.  very intelligent and very believable.
« Last Edit: 3 Jan 2009, 05:58 am by anthony a. »

Bigfish

« Reply #4 on: 3 Jan 2009, 01:25 am »
yup, liked the ending.  very intelligent and very believable.  a lot of people got rich during the war, so nothing new in terms of enlightenment.

I agree with your comments about the movie, Anthony.  My son and I watched it yesterday afternoon!  The one torture scene where the guy was strapped in the chair made me say "holy crap, that is going to hurt."   I would give the movie 3 stars out of 5.

Ken

Mariusz

« Reply #5 on: 3 Jan 2009, 01:30 am »
You got me interested. I'll try to watch it this weekend.
Thanks

Mariusz

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #6 on: 3 Jan 2009, 02:23 am »
I first saw Saffron Burrows in a vampire flick called Perfect Creature.  It wasn't a masterpiece but it was interesting, as she stuck me as a talented actress and of course, a very beautiful woman.  I agree that Statham is a great action star with lots of really fun movies to his credit.  He was good in the Italian Job and superb in the Transporter series (some of his most absurd yet fun films).  I haven't seen Crank 2 (how do they make a sequel?  Or is it a prequel?) but I enjoyed the first on very much.

mgalusha

« Reply #7 on: 3 Jan 2009, 02:57 am »
Just watched this tonight as it showed up in the mail from Netflix. I enjoyed this very much though my wife didn't care for it but she generally doesn't go for most of the movies I like. :) I'd give it about 4 of 5.

Whitese

« Reply #8 on: 3 Jan 2009, 03:06 am »
I saw this yesterday and enjoyed quite a bit...Nice seeing the Ham radio guy recording in his Revox R2R...Jason Stratham is pretty good....With the right movie, he can go far...