Celing speakers

jkarhan1

Celing speakers
« on: 8 Nov 2003, 12:26 am »
Does anyone have any suggestions or experiance with in the celing speakers?  Bulilding a house and was thinking of this as an option for home theater.
Thanks

Hank Rearden

Celing speakers
« Reply #1 on: 11 Nov 2003, 05:29 am »
A friend did some research a few weeks ago along with some limited listening sessions. He listened to klipsch, Niles, and Boston Acoustics. Not  impressed by any of the above he purchased the ACI 8" Round Chambered Coax Ceiling speaker based on several recommedations. At this point he very pleased with his purchase and to top it off he saved several hundred dollars by going with the ACI's.

jkarhan1

Celing speakers
« Reply #2 on: 11 Nov 2003, 10:31 pm »
Thanks Hank. Ill check them out.
 I like the Blue Man group Avitar :mrgreen:
Hey, folks. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks, Joe

Carlman

Celing speakers
« Reply #3 on: 12 Nov 2003, 05:33 pm »
I have experience listening to them.  They all sound about the same to me.  However, I've never been to a concert where the band played while suspended from the ceiling, either... ;) sorry to be such a smartass...

But, if all you're doing is a little fill for parties, almost anything will do.

If at all possible, can you consider in-wall speakers?  I have installed Paradigm's 2-way in wall's and been very pleased with the sound and the look.  There's also new material that you can paint over so the speakers become compeletly invisible.  I've seen but, don't know where to tell you to get it.

In-wall's sound 10 times better than ceilings (to me) because the sound is delivered correctly into the room and in stereo.  Ceiling mounts point straight down to the floor... I've never heard any stereo or imaging, or other elements of sound reproduction... just sounds like a speaker.... hence my smartass comment at the beginning...

Good luck.

jjb

Celing speakers
« Reply #4 on: 13 Nov 2003, 01:12 am »
Here's two options to review the first is moderatly priced Paradigm in-wall speakers check them out at paradigm.com, the second is a higher priced Thiel  powerpoint or powerplain check them out at the thiel web site. good luck:)

jkarhan1

Celing speakers
« Reply #5 on: 19 Nov 2003, 05:43 am »
Thanks fella's !!

wdt

ceiling speakers
« Reply #6 on: 21 Nov 2003, 11:51 am »
I have been very happy with B&W Nautilus CCM 80. Good stuff. wd